PowerBar Training Utility

Just wanted to say, this is a great utility... :goodjob:
At first I thought it did not work correctly, but I was dead wrong. My problem, and maybe for others, was trying it on an old savegame; the Auto-Updates did not work. When I started a new game, and loaded the PB, every
funtion works just as it should. I kind of figured the PB is integrated into the game memory and has difficluty reading "old" information. I might be wrong and was just loading the PB incorrectly, but after a number of tests with it this seems to be correct.
Anyhow, my conclusion is if you are using it with an old save game, do everything manually. If you are using it on a new game, all funtions work perfectly...as advertised... :D
Again, great job on this program...Thank You!!!... :goodjob:

Does anyone know if there is a Powerbar version in the works to Civ 3 Complete? Just wondering because this is the best utility I have ever used for Civ 3.

hey guys i have just registered here and would like to say hello.
I already have a problem. I just bought the new civ 3 complete edition about a month ago. I have played and played and now i want to start using a trainer. The ones i have found here do not work. I was wondering if someone could help me out? Thanks everybody!

To answer both of the last replys...No PB does not work with Complete, or Gold versions of the game, and I do not believe a version that supports them will be made.
My suggestion would be to buy the seperate game, and expansions. They cost $9-$19 here in the US, and can be patched to 1.29f for free. That's what I did anyhow...:)

Is There a download of this PowerBar trainer utility for C3C? I can't seem to find it in this Forum thread or the otherone. What is up? I want to try in in creating a mod or two. Please send me in the right direction.

David Smith said:
Is There a download of this PowerBar trainer utility for C3C? I can't seem to find it in this Forum thread or the otherone. What is up? I want to try in in creating a mod or two. Please send me in the right direction.

I think it's in the very first post in this forum.

David Smith said:

the links in the first post of this thread links to the latest version of Powerbar, that supports Civ3/Civ3PtW/Civ3Conquests

however, here is the link too: download

KoGar said:
My suggestion would be to buy the seperate game, and expansions. They cost $9-$19 here in the US, and can be patched to 1.29f for free. That's what I did anyhow...:)

Uhm about the prices more like $19.99 for civ 3 and like $29.99 for Ptw and $45.99 for C3C =/ Thats at my local walmart!
Who has $95.97 to spend in one day on games i know i dont (im cheap!)

Anyhoot Civ 3 Complete is just all the Civ 3's exp and itself compiled into a 3 disc set and there is no changes.. So why couldnt a Pb be made for it ?

xlegacyofbloodx said:
Anyhoot Civ 3 Complete is just all the Civ 3's exp and itself compiled into a 3 disc set and there is no changes.. So why couldnt a Pb be made for it ?
It can be done, it's just that it uses separate memory offsets, and Nexushyper doesn't feel like slogging through that code all over again.

Nexushyper,

Great job with powerbar, I've posted to spiderzord before in this thread congradulating him on a job well done. Great job to you too for maintaining this great program. I would never have kept playing civ3 if I never discovered this trainer. Before finding Powerbar I was so pissed to find that they removed the cheat menu from civ. I like using the trainer to mess around and play god with my fellow nations. Thanks for saving my love for civ.

eh this might have already been asked and if so im sorry, i didnt see it but i might have missed something.

You said the new version fixed the Multiplayer Mode Detected while playing in single player mode bug.

Mine still does it(dled the new one)

Is there something i can do on my end, i really have no programming knowledge yet, im more of a hardware guy, or should i just wait?

When I try to use PB with C3C. I load the game and then I hit the load button on PB and it goes to load but just sits there and does not load! Does this process just take a long long time!

Hey guys... a bit new to the forum and all, I've begun to check out the many mods and tools up for Civ3. Anyways, I was trying out the Powerbar utility, which I must say is pretty impressive, and I ran into one slight problem with the world map reveal function.

Basically put, even though it says the satellite view will wear off after a few turns, it completely refuses to. I've tried reloading the game, shutting powerbar down, just about everything. I don't know what info I could really give, other than I'm usng C3C 1.22, and it's a random map. I'm also using Snoopy's terrain mod, though I doubt that matters much.

Anyway, if anyone is still around that could help me with this, I'd appreciate it. As fun as it is to see everything the computer is doing, I'd prefer for it to wear off. Thanks much in advance, and if the programmer is still around, nice work man.

Edit - One peculiar thing I've noticed is that, as I actually "explore" the area, the fog of war is coming into effect... not really helping much, but somewhat. Just thought I'd add that in as a possible clue as to why it's not working properly.

Okay, since most of us old-timers have stopped posting, I'll try and answer your guys' questions.

@Arklain
The PowerBar should work. It's been a while since I last used it, but I didn't have any problems with it. If the PowerBar doesn't load after you've started the game, minimize your game and restart PowerBar. You shouldn't have any problems with running it that way.

@Kheben
Yeah the satellite view will not wear off. Not sure why exactly, but it just won't. As an alternative, you could use the explored view, which will show you everything, but the fog of war will be in effect.

Hope that helps.

Greetings,

This is my first time using this program. I am having a little prob. I had that Run-Time error '339', but I did what you suggested and it worked.

My prob now is when I hit load. I am all the way in the game and I hit load and it says loading and just sits there. Am I doing someting worong?

Top Bottom