Praetyre's C2C Great People Suggestion List

Praetyre

King
Alright, I did something like this a few years ago, but I don't think I ever uploaded it to the SVN and my copy of it seems to have been overwritten or deleted at some point. In any event, starting anew with a fresh, blank slate will help me conceptualize things easier, and there's plenty of room for expansion (including the new types of :gp: that have been added to this mod), so here we go!

Please note that this is very much a work in progress; I haven't even added all the categories yet and even those that currently exist will likely be expanded in future, even without suggestions (which are welcome).

:culture:GREAT ARTISTS:culture:
  • Hayao Miyazaki (The godfather of Studio Ghibli, often considered the Japanese equivalent of Disney, and he himself is often considered the Japanese Walt Disney. Unlike Walt, however, he is more an artist than a businessman, hence him being here and me agreeing with keeping Walt in the Great Merchant category)
  • Stanley Kubrick (Widely considered one of the greatest American film directors of the 20th century, if not any country and any century. He was a major figure in the "auteur" New Hollywood period, where cinema's heights were thought to come from great men with grand visions)
  • Alfred Hitchcock (a similar profile to the above, though somewhat earlier)
  • George Lucas (at the very least, he helped start the blockbuster era of Hollywood and helped create some of the most iconic and enduring popular culture franchises)
  • Steven Spielberg (Being the mind behind E.T., Jurassic Park and Schindler's List alone would be enough to qualify, let alone his other work)
  • Tim Burton (a quieter example than many of the other directors on this list, but nevertheless he has left a considerable footprint on popular culture)
  • Stan Lee (being one of the head honchos behind one of the world's largest comic publishers and one of the most ambitious and successful cinematic franchises in history ought to count for something)
  • Jack Kirby (for similar reasons)
  • Steve Ditko (Ditto, and for that auteur factor)
  • Leni Riefenstahl (Who may seem like a one-hit wonder with a very controversial legacy, but who even apart from her role in influencing modern propaganda pioneered many cinematic techniques that can be seen even today. Plus, we've already got Sergei Eisenstein.)
  • Cecil B. DeMille (another cinematic giant of the first half of the 20th century)
  • H.P. Lovecraft (a case almost as unusual as the eldritch creatures in his works. His actual works remain obscure (and not just in the Mainstream Obscurity sense) but he has nevertheless exerted a considerable footprint (tentacleprint?) upon both mainstream and more obscure forms of popular culture)
  • The Beatles (I believe at least one version of Civ used them as the modern graphic for Great Artist or a similar unit. We already have John Lennon, and I'd argue the others have never been able to maintain quite the tier of impact and influence he has had.)
  • The Rolling Stones (hey, if ABBA can make it in...)
  • Michael Jackson (There's a reason he was called the King of Pop. I'd argue that in terms of popularity, iconicity, influence and overall impact, he's in a class matched only by Elvis and The Beatles, and surpassed only by the titans of classical music)
  • Weird Al Yankovic (Who else has managed to remain the undisputed reigning king of parody music for 4 decades, and never skipped a beat in quality? There's a reason he's outlasted a lot of the artists he's parodied, and many people (myself included) would say most of his parodies are just as good as if not surpassing the originals)
  • Kurt Cobain (He is the only musician since Lennon's solo career that I think had the potential to break out into the Elvis-Beatles-Michael Jackson league)
  • Amy Winehouse (Like Tim Burton, her influence is more subtle but nevertheless very significant, especially considering her relatively brief career and small volume of output)
  • Luciano Pavarotti (If any tenor deserves a spot, it's him)
  • Clark Gable (There's a reason he was called the "King of Hollywood")
  • Marilyn Monroe (An icon even to this day)
  • Andy Warhol (It would seem odd to have his studio but not the man himself)
  • Arnold Schoenberg (A somewhat lesser known figure since the rise of Rock n' Roll, but he nevertheless exerts considerable influence and impact even today. I plan on using his music as part of my baseline for the Early Contemporary Era)
  • Claude Debussy (A WWI-era figure, with some similarities to Schoenberg)
  • Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (He gave us the 1812 Overture. Nuff said)
  • Sergei Rachmaninoff
  • John Adams (He deserves a lot more attention. He did give us the vanilla Civ IV soundtrack for the Modern Era, and I sense influence on his part on things like the beautiful soundtrack of The Sims 1)
  • Frank Sinatra (By far the most prominent and enduring of the Rat Pack, and probably the closest thing the modern, pre rock n' roll days had to an Elvis)
  • Ray Charles
  • Akira Toriyama (The creator of Dragon Ball, often considered one of the greatest anime series ever brought to the West, with a legacy overshadowing anime in America even today)
  • Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster (The creators of Superman. Nuff said)
  • Bill Finger & Bob Kane (The creators of Batman. Bill Finger actually played a much larger role in the birth of the Caped Crusader, hence him getting top billing (no pun intended))
  • Eiichiro Oda (Creator of One Piece, a manga and later anime series which has sold around 430,000,000 copies worldwide)
  • Masashi Kishimoto (Creator of Naruto)
  • Bryan Konietzko & Michael Dante DiMartino (Co-creators of the excellent animesque American Asian fantasy cartoon Avatar: The Last Airbender)
  • Bruce Timm & Paul Dini (Two of the minds behind the DC Animated Universe, widely considered one of the greatest adaptations of DC ever made and one of the greatest cartoons in what many (myself included) consider a golden age of animation)
  • Christopher Nolan (No, not that one.)
  • Zach Snyder (Controversial as some of his work (especially with the DC Extended Universe) may be, he clearly is a man of vision and has left his impact on some major pop culture figures)
  • Kevin Eastman & Peter Laird (Co-creators of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
  • James Cameron (Creating the Terminator and Avatar alone ought to get him some progress towards a slot here)
  • Raj Kapoor (I figure Bollywood ought to get some representation here. I actually think there's a good case to be made for having Bollywood (and Nollywood, from Nigeria) as wonders in their own right, especially given the scarcity of sources of Hit Movies other than Film Studios, which I think ought to be available to any size 13 city anyway)
  • Amitabh Bachchan
  • Shah Rukh Khan
  • L. Frank Baum (Creator of The Wizard of Oz, which was a whole book series that was greatly expanded upon over time and even passed on to future writers)
  • John Wayne
  • Clint Eastwood
  • Ben Affleck (Included here primarily for his nigh-universally acclaimed directorial career, though I almost from the start stood up for him vis a vis the Batman casting, and it seems public opinion has vindicated me on the matter)
  • Sergio Leone (He invented the Spaghetti Western. Nuff said)
  • Woody Allen
  • Francis Ford Coppola (A central figure in the New Hollywood era, and the director of The Godfather and its sequel (from what I've heard, rumors of further sequels should be disavowed)
  • Ian Fleming (Creator of 007 himself. He had personal experience in the spy business, by the way; the character of M is based on the nickname of M16 chief Sir Mansfield Smith-Cumming, who went by C)
  • Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five (very influential in the history and development of contemporary popular music, especially hip-hop)
  • N.W.A. (Well, if we're going to have Urban Culture around the dawn of the Information Era, it only seems fitting they should be in)
  • Madonna
  • Robert Heinlein (Seminal science fiction author, known for (among many others) Starship Troopers)
  • Quentin Tarantino
  • Joss Whedon (The man behind the first two Avengers movies, cult sci-fi series Firefly, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
  • George R.R. Martin (Often called the "American Tolkien". Those not living under a rock for the last 6 years will know what his weighty impact has brought for television)
  • Vince Gilligan (One word: Ozymandias)
  • Peter Jackson (included largely for his early work and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Like Lucas, the less said about his later works, the better)
  • Gene Roddenberry (Father of Star Trek)
  • Donatello (We've already got Leonardo, Michelangelo, and Raphael, so we might as well complete the pizza order)
  • Orson Scott Card (A more recent sci-fi author entry, but a worthy one just the same. Also, gives some representation to the Mormons among us)
  • Andrew Hussie (A very recent entry, but nevertheless prolific and not only genre but medium busting in a way unusual even among the other entries here)
  • Robin Williams (May he rest in peace)
  • Matt Furie (Creator of Pepe the Frog. A rare entry indeed)
  • Sacha Baron Cohen
  • Charlie Chaplin
  • Fritz Lang (One of the titans of German cinema)
  • Neil Gaiman (Something of the Tim Burton of contemporary comic books)
  • Grant Morrison (More or less reinvigorated Batman comics for the 21st century, among other things)
  • Frank Miller (Creator of The Dark Knight Returns and 300, among other works)
  • Alan Moore (Creator of Watchmen and V for Vendetta. Along with Miller, he helped (though not to his liking) usher in The Dark Age of Comic Books)
  • Arthur C. Clarke (Author of 2001: A Space Odyssey)
  • Isaac Asimov (Seminal science fiction author, one who's influence is felt in both the literary and film science fiction fields even today, including Star Wars)
  • Douglas Adams (Author of all but the latest of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Series)
  • Monty Python (The group, though you could make an argument John Cleese, Terry Gilliam and perhaps others could stand on his own like Lennon with The Beatles)
  • Ralph Bakshi (An auteur in the Dark Age of Animation, particularly the 70s)
  • Mel Brooks (It's good to be the king of film comedy)
  • Zucker, Abrahams and Zucker (A close contender to the above title, though not as prominent as they once were)
  • Bryan Singer (One of the leading men behind the X-Men film series. I find it rather poignant that Logan (which I have yet to see, so please no spoilers) ended up being the last FoX-Men film before the buyout, although I look forward to whatever the future may bring for the franchise under Disney)
  • John Lasseter (The brain behind Pixar. Nuff said.)
  • Brad Bird (Another major 21st century animation figure, in a similar vein to the above)
  • Matt Groening (Creator of The Simpsons)
  • Will Wright (One of the leading minds behind Maxis, though he unfortunately seems to have fallen from grace since the 2005-present PC gaming decline)
  • Anthony Russo and Joseph V. "Joe" Russo (Brought us such masterpieces as the last two Captain America movies, and set to direct the behemoth that is The Avengers: Infinity War, which I strongly suspect is going to make Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part II look like a blip on the radar)
  • Luo Guanzhong (Considered to be the author of Romance of the Three Kingdoms, by itself one of the most influential works of literature ever written and one of the Classic Chinese Novels, still massively influential in China today. He also edited Water Margin, another of these novels.)
  • Wu Cheng'en (Considered to be the author of Journey to the West, another of the Classic Chinese Novels)
  • Shi Nai'an (Considered to be the author of the aforementioned Water Margin)
  • Cao Xueqin (Author of Dream of the Red Chamber, generally acknowledged as the pinnacle of Chinese fiction)
  • Max & Dave Fleischer (Two pioneers in the field of American animation, and major competitors in the pre-Snow White days of Walt Disney. Their style also inspired the aesthetic of 2017 run and gun boss fight game Cuphead)
  • Bob Clampett (Looney Tunes legend, still viewed by animation aficionadoes as one of the greatest in the history of the business)
  • John Kricfalusi (Big time admirer of the aforementioned Mr. Clampett, and 90s animation auteur)
  • Bertolt Brecht (German communist postmodernist playwright)
  • Chuck Jones (Another of the men behind Looney Tunes)
  • Genndy Tartakovsky (A 21st century animation genius, responsible for (amongst many others) Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack, and the 2D Star Wars: Clone Wars cartoon (which in my opinion is vastly superior to the later 3D one, or indeed any of the prequel films))
:hammers:GREAT ENGINEERS:hammers:
:gold:GREAT MERCHANTS:gold:
  • Fred C. Koch (Founder of Koch Industries, the second largest privately held company in America)
  • Larry Ellison (Technology billionaire, with an estimated net worth of over $60,000,000,000)
  • Mark Zuckerberg
  • Amancio Ortega and Rosalia Mera (This couple are the co-founders of Inditex, the wealthiest retailer in the world)
  • Jeff Bezos (Founder of Amazon)
  • Warren Buffett
  • Bill Gates (Although you could argue at least some tech figures should be Great Scientists or Engineers)
  • Ray Kroc (The man who made McDonald's into the company it is today, and subject of a recent biopic, The Founder)
  • Sam Walton (Founder of Wal-Mart)
  • Li Ka-shing (The prophetically named wealthiest man in Asia, unsurprisingly a Hong Konger)
  • Ingvar Kamprad (The man behind IKEA)
  • Paul Allen (Co-founder of Microsoft with Bill Gates, a billionaire in his own right)
  • Mayer Amschel Rothschild (Founder of the Rothschild banking dynasty)
  • John Jacob Astor (The wealthiest man in the colonial era of what would become the United States)
  • Ludwig von Mises (A relatively obscure figure today, but he did get a mention in a quote in Civ V)
  • Carl Menger (Founder of the tradition the aforementioned Mises belongs to)
  • David Ricardo (Influential classical economist; I figure economists fit here since we have John Maynard Keynes as a Great Merchant)
  • Milton Friedman
  • Thomas Robert Malthus (A fairly unusual one among the economists, but he still fits, I think)
  • Frederic Bastiat (19th century French liberal economist)
  • Steve Jobs (I'd argue his skill as an entrepreneur overshadows his skill as a computer science pioneer, especially considering a lot of his work in that field was done in partnership)
:strength:GREAT GENERALS:strength:
  • Carl von Clausewitz (Probably best known to folks here as the namesake of the Clausewitz series of engines used in the Paradox Interactive grand strategy games)
  • Jean Lannes (One of Napoleon's Marshals of the Empire)
  • Louis-Gabriel Suchet (Another Napoleonic Marshal)
  • Otto Skorzeny (I'm not sure if lower-ranking (he held a rank roughly equivalent to Lieutenant Colonel) special forces officers count for these purposes, but if they do, I think he'd be a good candidate. You could also argue special forces figures could be Great Spies)
  • Audie Murphy (Also not sure if extraordinary soldiers count, but if they do...)
  • Paul von Hindenburg (Namesake of the ill-fated zeppelin, and the subject of the funeral march from Triumph of the Will)
:strength:GREAT ADMIRALS:strength:
  • Chester W. Nimitz (The namesake of the supercarrier currently in use by the US, and a good counterpart to have to Yamamoto)
  • Amphoterus (Accomplished Macedonian admiral)
  • Chabrias (Athenian admiral, who amongst other accomplishments helped fight in one of the wars against Sparta)
  • Cimon (Accomplished Athenian military commander and statesman; you can make an argument for him being a Great General or Statesman as well. His naval accomplishments include leading Athens to naval superiority over Sparta in the wake of the thwarting of the Achaemaenid Persian invasion of Greece)
  • Conon (Another prominent naval figure in the rise of Athens post Persian War)
  • Phocion (Prolific Athenian statesman and strategos, holding the record for being elected to the latter position the most times. Like Cimon, he could also be argued to be a Great Statesman and/or General)
  • Phormio (Another accomplished Athenian admiral)
  • George Dewey (The man behind the American victory at the Battle of Manila Bay, and the only person in US history to obtain the rank of Admiral of the Navy, a special rank created for him in the wake of such a victory .He had previously been a Lieutenant Commander)
:strength:GREAT AIR MARSHALS:strength:
  • Manfred von Richthofen (We already have him as a Great General; if this category is ever created (I believe Thunderbrd has hinted towards it) he'd fit here)
  • Richard Bong (Ditto)
  • Henry H. Arnold (Prolifically accomplished United States Air Force officer, and the only person to hold the five-star rank of General of the Air Force, as well as the only person to hold a five-star rank in two different US military services)
  • Jimmy Doolittle (The commander of the legendary Doolittle Raid, amongst many other accomplishments)
  • Billy Mitchell (Father of the United States Air Force)
  • Wolfram Freiherr von Richthofen (Cousin of the aforementioned Manfred)
  • Albert Kesselring
:religion:GREAT PROPHETS:religion:
  • L. Ron Hubbard (Well, someone's got to found Scientology in Great Prophet games...)
  • Joseph Smith (I realize Mormons don't actually consider him the founder of their faith, but he still holds an important role, much like Muslims with Muhammad. Plus, it would seem rather odd to have Brigham Young but not him)
  • Billy Graham
  • Tenzin Gyatso (AKA the current Dalai Lama)
  • Gendun Druppa (The man the Dalai Lama is believed to be a reincarnation of)
  • Angad (The second Sikh Guru (we already have the first, who is the founder of Sikhism))
  • Amar Das (The third Sikh Guru)
  • Ram Das (The fourth Sikh Guru)
  • Arjan (The fifth Sikh Guru)
  • Hargobind (The sixth Sikh Guru)
  • Har Rai (The seventh Sikh Guru)
  • Har Krishnan (The eighth Sikh Guru)
  • Tegh Bahadur (The ninth Sikh Guru)
  • Gobind Singh (The tenth and final Sikh Guru, not counting the Granth Sahib, as that's their holy book)
  • Ali (Believed by Shia Muslims to be the legitimate successor of Muhammad; this is the main area of dispute between them and Sunni Muslims, in fact)
  • A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada (Founder of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, better known as the Hare Krishnas)
  • Charles Taze Russell (Founder of the Bible Student movement, some of which would go on to become the Jehovah's Witnesses)
  • Mary Baker Eddy (Founder of the Christian Science movement)
  • Nakayama Miki (Founder of Tenrikyo, a Japanese religion even I hadn't heard of until some time ago)
  • Iburi Izo (The second leader of Tenrikyo)
  • Karol Wojtyla (Better known as Pope St. John Paul the Great)
  • Saint John the Baptist (One could in a sense consider him the founder of Christianity)
  • Menachem Mendel Schneerson (One of the most influential figures in 20th century Judaism, to the extent that some of his followers proclaimed and still proclaim him as the Messiah, though he himself denied it)
  • Moshe Feinstein (Another renowned 20th century figure in Orthodox Judaism, though unlike the previous he was not Hasidic)
  • Maimonides (Also known by pious Jews as the Rambam, he was in many ways the Jewish equivalent to St. Thomas Aquinas)
  • Al-Ghazali (Prominent medieval (although you could argue the Middle East was in the Early Modern Era minus gunpowder at this time, and for that matter a similar case could be made for China from the Sui dynasty onward) Muslim scholar and mystic, held as a great renewer of the faith)
  • Duns Scotus (Originator of the most prominent rival in the High Middle Ages to Thomistic thought, Scotism. Also originated the term dunce, from 16th century Protestant polemics against Scotism.)
  • William of Ockham (Originator of Ockham's Razor, and widely considered on par with Scotus and St. Thomas in terms of influence)
  • R.J. Rushdoony (Ultracalvinist author who founded the Christian Reconstructionist movement and served as a founding father to the American Christian homeschool movement)
  • Claude Vorilhon (Founder of Raelism, likely the world's most famous UFO cult)
  • Wallace Fard Muhammad (Co-founder of the Nation of Islam, a black nationalist offshoot of Islam whose most famous (former) proponent was likely Malcolm X)
  • Gerald Gardner (Major early Wiccan figure)
  • Julius Evola (Italian conservative and esotericist author, influential in both the conservative revolutionary movement in Germany and the contemporary European New Right (and those parts of the Anglo-American "alternative right" influenced by the ENR)
  • Gang il-Sun (Founder of Jeungsanism, a syncretic cult around the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries that went on to inspire around a hundred offshoots)
  • Li Hongzhi (Founder and leader of Falun Gong, a Chinese cult that has come into repeated conflict with the PRC government)
  • Malaclypse the Younger & Lord Omar Khayyam Ravenhurst (Co-founders of post-modern quasi-parody religion Discordianism)
  • Brian Tamaki (A rather sad figure in New Zealand heading the Destiny Church, a Pentecostal-derived cult with elements of cult of personality (he has assumed the title of bishop and later archbishop))
  • Gregorius Anicius (Better known as Pope Saint Gregory the Great, a pioneering reformer and prolific writer. I've included Popes under their birth names to avoid oddities with things like the Apostolic Palace wonder (I figure one day we might have a Papal States/Vatican City NPC faction as well))
  • Giovanni Maria Mastai-Ferretti (Pope Pius IX, a staunch conservative, convener of the First Vatican Council (which, amongst other things, formalized Papal infallibility) and longest reigning elected Pope)
  • Angelo Roncalli (Pope Saint John XXIII, initiator of the Second Vatican Council, one of the most significant reforms in Church history)
:science:GREAT SCIENTISTS:science:
:espionage:GREAT SPIES:espionage:
  • Julian Assange (granted, his sources might be the ones doing the heavy lifting, but then I doubt J. Edgar Hoover did much field work in his tenure as FBI Director. Wikileaks would make a very interesting Information Era wonder, one that might end up being more advantageous to weaker players)
  • Wilhelm Canaris (German military intelligence chief from 1935-1944, also an admiral. Also a secret member of the German Resistance, something which eventually got him sent to a concentration camp and executed in the closing chapters of the war)
  • Heinrich Himmler
  • Lavrentiy Beria (Long-lasting and influential Soviet secret police chief, described at the Yalta Conference by Stalin as "our Himmler", and briefly his successor before Nikita Khruschev, Marshal Georgy Zhukov and the entire Politburo had him shot for treason)
  • Ivan Serov (Beria's deputy, and the only man to head both military and political intelligence in Soviet history. Was widely known within Soviet security forces for boasting that he could "Break every bone in a man's body without killing him")
  • Felix Dzerzhinsky (Nicknamed "Iron Felix", he was the father of the Cheka, the first in a long line of Soviet secret police agencies)

Last edited:
You have been busy! :hatsoff:

I'm pretty sure you still have commit access to the svn and you know how to add these names. Go for it!

As for the Air Marshals... I know we don't have them yet and it should be a v39 project because we desperately need to include them soon. But I'll be naming them Great Aviators. You will probably find that there are a lot more names you can come up with if you look at it from that angle. John Glenn... etc... They should be fully capable of becoming master versions of modern flight units, much like hunters. It would be nice to also be able to make Air Commanders and Naval Commanders but that's going to take some interesting code magic that I don't think I'll want to take on during v39. Perhaps during the next cycle.

Isn't it dangerous to include people still alive in game?

Last edited:
Isn't it dangerous to include people still alive in game?

Only reason I can think that it might be is slander/libel, and given that no one would regard C2C as intending to be an accurate depiction of the lives of these people, even if C2C was on the radar of anyone but hardcore Civ fans and people in related niche genres, I don't think there's anything to worry about. In the extremely unlikely event anything happened, it'd be fairly trivial to remove them.

Not sure if you should count economists as merchants.

As mentioned, I'm going off the fact we have Keynes as one (something carried over from vanilla, IIRC). If it helps, you could think of them as improving your civ's understanding of economics and thus increasing :gold: output.

EDIT: Okay, I've added all the names so far and am ready to commit, but when I try I get an "Authorization failed" error. @Thunderbrd, any help here? Keep in mind it's been a loooong time since I last used the SVN.

Last edited:
There are no great Statesman, Hunters, Doctors and Detectives on your list.
In total there are 12 kinds of great people: prophets, artists, merchants, scientists, engineers, spies, hunters, statesman, detectives, generals, doctors and admirals.

Spoiler :

Great Farmers are only ones, who can't start golden age and by extension can't be used to start golden age.

Last edited:
Thank you for the summary. The list is an ongoing work in progress; I will be adding these categories and filling them out via post editing, with posts made to announce major updates.

Only reason I can think that it might be is slander/libel, and given that no one would regard C2C as intending to be an accurate depiction of the lives of these people, even if C2C was on the radar of anyone but hardcore Civ fans and people in related niche genres, I don't think there's anything to worry about. In the extremely unlikely event anything happened, it'd be fairly trivial to remove them.

As mentioned, I'm going off the fact we have Keynes as one (something carried over from vanilla, IIRC). If it helps, you could think of them as improving your civ's understanding of economics and thus increasing :gold: output.

EDIT: Okay, I've added all the names so far and am ready to commit, but when I try I get an "Authorization failed" error. @Thunderbrd, any help here? Keep in mind it's been a loooong time since I last used the SVN.
If it's been that long, you're probably still connected to the old SVN. Remember you must update before committing. But if it goes back far enough, you need to get a fresh checkout first. If you do all this and still get the problem, pm me your sourceforge user name.

Great Farmers are only ones, who can't start golden age and by extension can't be used to start golden age.
Calling them Great Farmers was a mistake. They are a temporarily unique unit, ie you can only have one at a time, but they are a unit you build with :hammers: unlike the rest.

Calling them Great Farmers was a mistake. They are a temporarily unique unit, ie you can only have one at a time, but they are a unit you build with :hammers: unlike the rest.
I'd always thought they should be real great people but we didn't implement them like that to begin with. We really couldn't then anyhow. Would be cool if we could now though... we could have a 'Gardner' city specialist that gives points towards a Great Farmer. And there are some wonders that could generate GF points.

It is not just wonders that generate Great People points, normal buildings do also.
Not many. But we would have some good options for that like the Great Chinampa and some of the more hard to get bonus combination buildings that hydro made. Such would at least form a great basis for being able to enable an additional 'Gardner' assignment.

Also they have Prodigy category as shown in screenshot from pedia...

Also they have Prodigy category as shown in screenshot from pedia...
Which doesn't mean that much at the moment except to really just give them an identifier of role in the game.

Only reason I can think that it might be is slander/libel
Living people can also change or at least our perception of them. A certain tower was recently renamed IIRC because of the person this tower was named after, and - at least in the west - Putin is now considered to be a completely different person compared to our perception just 4 or 5 years ago.

Living people can also change or at least our perception of them. A certain tower was recently renamed IIRC because of the person this tower was named after, and - at least in the west - Putin is now considered to be a completely different person compared to our perception just 4 or 5 years ago.
I kinda figured someone was going to bring this up here. ;)

Reactions: tmv
Top Bottom