[R&F] Pre Order? Digital Deluxe Edition for R&F?

Concerning the DLCs, the Expansion is releasing so early. And the next one will come out in early 2019 at the earliest. Unless it's coming out in 2018 also (unlikely). There's a space of 10+ months between that. How is Firaxis going to make money if they don't release any DLCs then? :p

I really want this game to have more Civs than Civ5, so I want more DLCs between the expansion or a third expansion in 2020. :D

I really hope you're right. I believe that popular civic DLCs may be more attractive marketing than expansion, while they may reserve some unknown names for an expansion. Perhaps the first expansion released so soon indicates that we will see some DLCs before the second expansion.

I really hope we see more civilizations and wonders than Civ5.

Concerning the DLCs, the Expansion is releasing so early. And the next one will come out in early 2019 at the earliest. Unless it's coming out in 2018 also (unlikely). There's a space of 10+ months between that. How is Firaxis going to make money if they don't release any DLCs then? :p

I really want this game to have more Civs than Civ5, so I want more DLCs between the expansion or a third expansion in 2020. :D
Free DLC would be great. Paid DLC not so much. :)

Frankly, I've had trouble keeping up with all the DLC for Civ VI. I still haven't won a game as Australia in the base game yet, or finished several of the scenarios...For me, 10 months isn't too long, especially given the gaps for Civ IV (but I guess Civ IV always had truly impressive mods, modded scenarios, and other modded content which made up for that).

Free DLC would be great. Paid DLC not so much. :)

Frankly, I've had trouble keeping up with all the DLC for Civ VI. I still haven't won a game as Australia in the base game yet, or finished several of the scenarios...For me, 10 months isn't too long, especially given the gaps for Civ IV (but I guess Civ IV always had truly impressive mods, modded scenarios, and other modded content which made up for that).

I've too much free time since graduating, I've won as all the DLC Civs, and finished all of the scenarios.
I really need to look for a job. :p

The problem with R&F-exclusive DLCs is that the potential market for them is going to be much smaller than the market for general Civ VI DLCs. They'd probably have to charge more than usual to make a similar overall profit.

Anyway, there were no DLCs between the two Civ V expansions. And, R&F isn't really early. It's only early compared to G&K. Warlords (Civ IV) came out even earlier than R&F.

The problem with R&F-exclusive DLCs is that the potential market for them is going to be much smaller than the market for general Civ VI DLCs. They'd probably have to charge more than usual to make a similar overall profit.

I'm not sure that this is entirely true.

While I agree that the number of Civ 6 R&F owners will be a much smaller # than Civ 6 Vanilla owners (at least until some kind of bundle comes along), I would expect that the actual pool of customers who would consider purchasing any Civ 6 DLC at all will be anywhere form 80%-99% likely to have purchased R&F. Sure, there will be a few people who decide NOT to invest in R&F, and then see that one New Civ DLC that they just MUST have - but I think that in reality that number is going to be very very small compared to the number who do purchase R&F and are also interested in any future DLC.

Does anyone know if there is a pre-order bonus or dome sort of Deluxe Edition? Or should you only order it based on price?

Moderator Action: Merged with existing thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom