Pre-WW1 Europe PBEM game

Germany is practically defeated :(
Anyway, if we can´t have this country, nobody will rule it.

* Metz, Lubeck, Berlin, Rostock, Magdeburg, Leipzig, Dresden and Stettin captured.
* 5 British vessels destroyed

COUNTERATTACK!!!!

The Austrian Army, after months of assuming defensive positions, finally made an unexpected advance inside russian territory.

* Cities captured: Warsaw, Brest-Litovsk, Lublin, Zhitomir, Sarajevo, Zagreb and Kiev.

INVASION!!!!!!

Copying the effective russian tactics that led them to outstanding victories over Germany and France, Italian generals decided to level the war "casualties".
In a combinated movement of ships, engineers, infantry, marines and cavalry, the Italian army was able to penetrate into the heart of Mother Russia... into MOSCOW!!!!

MOSCOW CAPTURED!!!!

This is the list of the cities captured in the different theatres:

Middle East:
Alexandria, Latakia, Iskenderum, Mosul, Kamishli, Erzurum, Trabzon, Sinope, Karabuk, Bursa and Ezine.

Balkans:
Split, Skopje, Kavalla and Varna.

Russia:
Constanta, Galati, Kisivev, Vinnica, Kharkov, Kursk, Orel, Tambov, Voronesh, Saratov, Tsaritsyn, Rostov, Krasnodar, Penza, Riazan, Vladmir, Nizhny, Kazan and Moscow.

As everybody said in the other thread, i believe that we should start a new game. Maybe a new Pre-WW1 History with a ban on the engineers/railroads, or another scenario...

Personally, i think that going on with this game is nonsense. It´ll follow this pattern:

Darius recovers all the cities i have conquered in my turn.
Rhodry continues his advance in Germany and France.
Germany/Austria strikes back and gain a few cities
Then Italy disembark more troops in the Balkans or South France and recaptures russian/british cities.

Who will a game like this one?
Like Darius said a few post above:

More importantly, I started running into machine guns this turn, and I now am certain that I won't take any city that has them. Veteran artillery cannot kill them when they are in trenches, and I don't have Advanced Ballistics to make heavier artillery. This development will cause what I had feared from the beginning; your remaining cities would become impregnable, so you would be able to sit back and build up enough offensive strength to devastatingly strike back.

In some way my advance debilitated russian industrial capacities. So, around 2/5 of Russia will be "no man´s land". The same happens in 3/5 of Austria-Hungary, plus Turkey, Germany and France.
Only UK and Italy will be in some way "protected" from rival attacks.

I feel that this is a death point...

TOLD YA SO!!!

If I had the same attitude as you all have I'd be saying the game is "already over" but now from my standpoint. I do agree however that this game would get pretty lame with turns like this.

I don't know if we're continuing this or not, but just mentioning that you reposted the AH turn academia, not the Italian one.

I don't know if we're continuing this or not, but just mentioning that you reposted the AH turn academia, not the Italian one.

OOPS!!!! Sorry

Mmm... that new avatar Darius...
Is that you?? :D

Well, i don´t know about this scenario.
Personally, i know that sometimes I behave in a selfish way. Trying to go on with this game, while my allies were conquered one after another. I told you to continue, just because i wanted to prove that it was possible to make a huge counterattack against Russia.
That´s all.

No it isn't me... Don't you watch movies? :confused: It's John Belushi at his best in Animal House. If I looked like that I wouldn't be advertising it. ;) :lol:

Anyhoo, whatever this counterattack was I'm 100% certain I'd get all of it back if not also make my own advances, since I'm sure the Russian and Turkish cities aren't garrisoned, so hardly anything'll happen to my industry and meanwhile I'll have killed off valuable Austro-Italian cavalry and artillery in the process. If you just wanted to have a little fun before we end the game I guess I'm willing to stop, but the balance here is so even that I was really interested in seeing who could win in the long run. :(

It's John Belushi at his best in Animal House. If I looked like that I wouldn't be advertising it.

Is that Belushi???? :eek: I didn´t recognize him!!!:crazyeye:

Anyhoo, whatever this counterattack was I'm 100% certain I'd get all of it back if not also make my own advances, since I'm sure the Russian and Turkish cities aren't garrisoned, so hardly anything'll happen to my industry and meanwhile I'll have killed off valuable Austro-Italian cavalry and artillery in the process. If you just wanted to have a little fun before we end the game I guess I'm willing to stop, but the balance here is so even that I was really interested in seeing who could win in the long run.

You are right. You conquer the cities, then i reconquer them ...
Anyway, in the long term, i believe that you´ll eventually win it. I feel that the difference is Britain. The war hasn´t reached its soil. So, their cities, population and industrual structure are intact.
i´ll never be able to invade them; i mean, a successful invasion. So, in the long run your alliance will prevail. I´m sure about it.

I don´t know about Yop or SAS, but personally i quit, surrender or whatever you want to call it. It´s a waste of time. I just wanted to prove something, i did it; so... going on is nonsense.

If you want me to say it... YOU WIN!!!!! :goodjob: :D :goodjob:

Happy trails then I guess, but I still think you could have won. The war hasn't (and won't) met Italian soil either, so it is even in my mind. You'd be sitting pretty behind untouchable natural barriers building from cities with 30+ shields, while I'd have nothing but agrarian villages building conscripts.

Regardless, either this is done completely or Yop or sas would want to take the three allied civs.

Regardless, either this is done completely or Yop or sas would want to take the three allied civs.

Well, Sas said:
There is really no point in continuing the game ppl.. why not start a new one as suggested in another thread?

I believe that we should wait Yop´s answer before beginning a new thread.
Anyway, SAS and I practically quit, so... i don´t think that Yop would try to use Italy and France too.

I think, that, for me, Darius AND Rhodry have won.
I even believe that Rhodry's army is stronger than the Russian one. But that's just my opinion.

Thanks to you all for this great game...

I've read through this thread over the last two days, and it's probably the best PBEM thread I have read. Way to go guys; you made an incredible story!

@ashley26ph2003 - Bringing up a thread whose last post was two and a quarter years ago, you probably won't get to play... ;)

Top Bottom