Pre-WW1 Europe PBEM game

so...do I replay? I think we should just go on and have a muchos big war :D one that'll make momma proud

Obviously i had not understood his reasoning, and acted prematurely. Among other things i talked to Academica....

Come on!!!! Don´t blame me!! Am I the bad guy now?

So, we're still friends right? Sorry if I seemed angry or very serious.. I'm usually not, unless it's Coffee and cakes involved

:lol: Everything OK. I hope everybody understand that it´s a a game and we are fighting for the interests of our "tribes". No hard feelings!!!!! :goodjob:

I choose option 1)
So, who goes first? Italy or England?

BTW sas, like I said before you actually didn't jump to conclusions about Britain; I paid him for his assistance after you spoke with him, and he may well have meant war or at least neutrality and you were correct, but he then changed his mind. Who knows.

Anyhow, get that turn in Rhodry.

Ok, unless Academia wanted to play his turn, but here goes:

One of the greatest invasions in history has commenced, as King Timbo throws his lot in with the Russians, initiating a huge attack that is soon to be dubbed, "The Calais Invasion"

British troops attacked on January 4th, landing in Calais and securing a beach-head for the rest of the massive invasion army.

By January 5th the entire army was on scene. By the next day heavy fighting had occurred near Dunkirk. A few hours later the city fell.

Over the next two weeks, the British army fought through most of Northern Germany and the Netherlands, taking most of the land France had recently attained from Germany.

By the 20th, all North Germany was in British hands, and an attack on Amiens began. The city fell on the 21st.

The road to Paris now open, the exhausted British army nevertheless strove onwards, assaulting Paris. After intial defeats, the army was ready to settle into a seige, when re-inforcements arrived, saving the day. Soon Paris was occupied by foreign forces for the second time in 60 years.(Franco-Prussian War)

After this major victory, army regiments deserted by the thousands, and the cities of Verdun, Le Havre and Arras were easily occupied by the 27th. Now the British army has settled in for re-inforcements, but it is assured that France's back has been broken.

King Timbo doubts that much assistance will be offered by Russia, who has just been weakened by the Russo-Franco-German War, but will be grateful for what he can get. (Darius, make peace with me damn you!)

No problem.
Darius, you are next

I'm back
thanx Academia for filling in.
Wow, a lot has happned when I was gone. (again a realligeance of alliances.).
I didn't notice if my turn has already been played.
But Rhodry, one thing I must say: I didn't claim the entire German territory to be French.

Yop

Hi Yop!!!!
Is good to see you here!!!

Sorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorry!!!

For reasons that were completely my fault, this week I was grounded from everything under the sun. Obviously this included my internet access, and I didn't even get a chance to tell anyone. Furthermore it included my car, so I couldn't even get to a library computer unless I was prepared for an hour-long bike trek. Even if I would have done that, we went out of town to our cabin (actually I was forced to come with), and I of course couldn't tell anyone. Anyhow, after a week of sucking up I got my stuff back, so here I am.

Although our highest generals feared that our armed forces were too heavily damaged to complete further massive conquest in Europe, necessity called. It turned out that so many cities were left empty in the southern Balkans that after taking them we were able to heal six full offensive units to full capacity. These lead the first campaigns into the French border, campaigns which left more cities open to heal more units in a succession that allowed every offensive unit in our arsenal was able to be used fully in this year’s campaigns, producing results even more spectacular than the last one. The cities taken are again too many to list, so I will just post a map again:

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    10.2 KB · Views: 320
- With incredible ease, the Mongolite hordes or the Russian Army drove directly through Switzerland into France. The Czar was among the supporters of Swiss neutrality, but unfortunately there were no other land routes into the country with which to assist the British invasion there. Unfortunately there were no clear ways to bypass fortifications, so our first attacks met heavy resistance in the fortified border city of Besancon. After a full three French infantry divisions were annihilated, as has always been the case in this new, mobile war, an unstoppable flood of routing Russian cavalry and devastating artillery hacked away in the rear territory of our enemy, where no trench systems or machine gunnery were to be found. The invasion continued until every single homeland French city was taken outside of what the British already had, with the exception of the entrenched front city of Nancy, which should be easy pickings for hardened ANZAC’s as the British retake the offensive. There is no longer any French back to break, as France simply does not exist.

- Furthermore, a full thirteen defensive divisions have hunkered down in a quality line of fortresses along the French border with Italy, so that they have no room to move there, just as they do not on their eastern border where besieged Trieste blocks their way. It seems Italy will for now be a well-sealed jar, unable to operate until all of its allies have already faded away.

- All cities which were lost to Italy’s spectacular campaign in the Near East (Erzurum, Iskenderun, Kamishli, and Mosul) were fortunately retaken, as they were left ungarrisoned by the Italians. Russia will not make the same mistake it did before, and all cities in its Middle Eastern mandates are now well defended. An Italian cavalry division near Iskenderun was annihilated, and one near Trabzon has been trapped in the mountains to starve.

- As I touched on earlier, all of Austria-Hungary’s southern half has been occupied and garrisoned. This includes Constantinople, which was retaken at the cost of two Austrian mountain divisions, a regiment of artillery, and their only battleship in the Black, Marmara, and Aegean seas. With their naval and land forces in the region completely gone, Constantinople will not be threatened again. Furthermore we will soon be able to finish off the Italian mandates in Anatolia and Greece, which could not be done this turn as our engineers were too busy in the French campaign to build railroads in the eastern threater.

Yupperoo.

I was hoping you'd stay on sas, since France still does have huge forces along the former border with Germany to strike back with (a lot of the cities I took still don't have garrisons). Also, you still have a whole fleet at Bastia to beat the crap out of any Russians you see on the shores. ;)

BTW I didn't mention it before, but I'd be honored to be in another game of this, although I wouldn't really want to be Russia (too easy).

In other news, the czar has reached a decision involving the war with Italy. If they continue to refuse to make peace even though such a treaty would ask nothing of them, Russia will introduce something of a new diplomatic status: one-sided peace. Infantry divisions and machine-gun squadrons numbering in the dozens will simply shut all borders with Italy, and Russia will go about her business as if there was a peace. This is because I simply don’t have the capability to attack against veteran fortified machine guns in trench systems all the way down the deadly boot, nor do I want to. That’s another reason why you should make peace anyhow, academia. Even if I were going to backstab you (which I wouldn’t), Italy would be impossible to conquer anyway, so I’d have no incentive to attack you. Anyhow, if Italy is foolish enough to launch any sort of offensive by land or amphibiously, it will simply be crushed and the land blockade will continue. If there will be no peace, then Russia will just eliminate war’s inherent threat by making it impossible for the enemy to attack, while at the same time not attacking itself. Even if I wanted to conquer the Italian homeland, I couldn’t anyway.

He Academia, Rhodry and SAS (especially Rhodry), I hope you are realising that only chance we have is to have everyone declare war on Russia. Otherwise, we will be doomed in only a few turns.
Please come to your senses, Rhodry and declare war on Russia now. That's our only chance on surviving...

Yop

I'll go on vacation from 1 - 10 august. So SAS, could you please play your turn today, so I can play mine too?
And Academia, I hope you still have my password and can replace me.

Yop

Hi Darius!!! Is good to see you again!!!!:goodjob:

Well Darius, us i told you before i´m going to fight this war. I totally understand your point view, and i appreciate your peace talks proposal. However, i´ll go on with this conflict. Nothing personal against Russia. Like Rhodry said some posts above; i have an army and i want to use. Have fun!!!!
That´s all.

Good luck!!!!

Don´t worry Yop, i have your password.

Please, remember that i´m going to use germany. ok?

Fine then, we'll be at war but I simply won't invade. :)

As for Britain attacking, ow does that make any sense? I won't invade Italy and couldn't even if I wanted to, and the same goes for Britain. Furthermore I am offering Rhodry all of France after the war is over (if not right now), which will give him a very good chance against Russia if there ever were to be a war (even though I don't have the capability to go to war with Britain either. Look at the map I'm posting, where the balance seems to be pretty good. Assuming a hypothetical Italo-British alliance in the near future, they could stand a very good chance against me.

This is especially considering that my successes here can only be attributed to the enemie's lack of trench systems and machine guns, which meant that all of their garrisons in the rear were caught with their pants down and defended as weakly as if they were on open plains. If Italy and Britain have the sense to build trench systems en masse, and furthermore to build machine guns for their garrisons, I have no hope of success on the offensive. This development would buy them time to consolidate and build more forces.

Attachments

• 2.gif
    2.gif
    10.2 KB · Views: 317
YES!!!! Custom avatars finally!!!!!!
:goodjob:

Anyway, i need 45 posts...

Top Bottom