Prechopping

I'm assuming you are running your game under BUFFY as a mod and you have the chopping option enabled. If that option is grey'd out then you haven't got the DLL installed correctly (or something more serious is the problem).

I don't really know much about this ... EF is the man for your answers.

One point to note - the worker reports the chop action as complete (ie +30h to XYZ) even though it hasn't really finished the chop (1 turn to go).

If you have 2, or more, workers chopping and you only need 1 more turn to finish it then the first one will stop but the second one may go ahead and finish the chop anyway.

This may have been fixed in some relatively recent version of BULL - I vaguely recall seeing something about it a while ago.

The option is not greyed out. In fact I am positive the my workers did prechop the first time I installed BUFFY.

Then, one of a sudden, no more prechops. Everything else seems to work normally. Maybe my BtS didn't like me installing Civ5 and SC2. This is the one thing I have changed on my PC lately. :lol:

Hmm, I thought I added pre-chop before BUFFY. Do you have BUG installed as well or just BUFFY? If the latter, then clearly I am incorrect on the matter.

God-Emperor is correct on both counts: ungrouped workers used to overchop, but that has been fixed but not yet released.

@Ruff - The message is slightly different. It says that the forest/jungle is ready to be chopped on the next turn or somesuch.

Hmm, I thought I added pre-chop before BUFFY. Do you have BUG installed as well or just BUFFY? If the latter, then clearly I am incorrect on the matter.

God-Emperor is correct on both counts: ungrouped workers used to overchop, but that has been fixed but not yet released.

@Ruff - The message is slightly different. It says that the forest/jungle is ready to be chopped on the next turn or somesuch.

No, I am confident BUFFY works as intended and the problemi lies within my PC. I am just looking for ways to solve it. (Prechopping DID work form me a month ago, I simply can't remember what could have happened that changed that)

As I said - I uninstalled BtS, then reinstalled, patched, and added BUFFY. So no BUG should be present (I guess).

On a side note - I did not uninstall Civ4 Vanilla, so maybe some settings have been kept?

BUFFY doesn't touch Civ4 vanilla. In fact, all of the files it installs go into the "BUFFY 319.003" folder under BTS's Mods folder. You said the option is disabled on the options screen? Can you please post a screenshot of a) the ABOUT THIS BUILD screen from the ADVANCED main menu as well as the options screen that has the option in BUFFY?

Here you go. The option is not disabled (as it was in BUG) - everything looks OK but the functionality is gone. :sad:

Ever figure out a fix to this? I have the same exact problem.

Same here. I've tried reinstalling, trying buffy as well as bug+bull, the option is selected in the menu and not grayed out. The workers simply do not stop chopping forests ever.

Top Bottom