• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Preferred or Shunned Government

gervond

Chieftain
In PTW booklet you see the shunned and preferred governments for the new civ's. My question : if preferred is republic, does it make sense to go to democracy ?
And what are the government types of the classic civ's ?

thx
Gervond

The preferred and shunned government types really only have an effect in terms of AI attitude toward you. For instance, if an AI has a preferrred type listed as "Democracy" and a shunned type of "Communism" they will like you better if you are in a Democracy and not like you so much if you are in communism. See Bamspeedy's AI Attitude report in the Strategy Articles forum for further details on this.

The benefits each individual government gives you has no relation to these settings so I personally would never let it influence my decision on what government I choose when playing.

there arent really many democracy shunning nations anyway so democracy is an ok one to go but ule need to work on ure attitude with russai and mongolia :)

Genghis Khan always has a really ugly look on his face, especially if you're any government except Dead!

Originally posted by superslug
Genghis Khan always has a really ugly look on his face, especially if you're any government except Dead!
When me and my friend first saw Khan on "Furious" we just sat there laughing for ten minutes...
That guy is one ugly bastard!

Top Bottom