Preferred Ottoman leader?

Why is -50% civic upkeep and cheaper courthouses considered bad overlap? I was under the impression that they decreased different maintenances entirely thus not overlapping at all.

I'm not a huge fan of IMP, but it's powerful when whipping settlers, and you can also get your super medic really fast if you go for an early rush. I guess it's kind of fun making GG attackers too, though I'm always afraid of losing them :)

The thing i don't like about ORG is that is has almost no impact until AFTER you've pulled off a successful rush or break out. It helps maintain a winning position, but does little to actually get you into one.

There is something to be said about Org if you have a chance to get 5+ cities and it does allow settling your first few towns a little further from the capitol, making it slightly more likely to get there (although sometimes that is impossible or losing due to getting too close to warmongers). In pre-conquest, it is a useful trait to start working on Espionage.

Edit: If you want early spy points, you might want Courthouses in every city.

Why is -50% civic upkeep and cheaper courthouses considered bad overlap? I was under the impression that they decreased different maintenances entirely thus not overlapping at all.

Because courthouses are an expensive build that you really only need in your furthest cities after you've conquered your way to a large empire. Organized already saves you some money there so it makes a little-used building even less necessary.

Bonus to granaries is so much better, you want one in every city.

Top Bottom