Premade Custom Avatars

Originally posted by King of Camelot
The purpose of this thread is for people to post custom avatars for others to use. For the, just too lazy people.

King of Camelot, I like your artwork. :)

How are you making the units look so 3-D and with a shadow?

Oh joy. Oh rapture. A Mr. T avatat all for me.
Thank ye for putting it there, but one will not abandon the Crusader for just anything (unlike Donald Rumsfeld ;))

by Simon:
will not abandon the Crusader for just anything (unlike Donald Rumsfeld )
LOL!! You are quite well read, Simon! (I'm assuming the Crusader situation is not covered in Australia's mainstream press very much) :) :)

Matrix, some dirty bastich downloaded them and it weren't me... :satan:

Here miko.... :D

Attachments

• miko.jpg
    miko.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 186
I tried some stuff with your photo. It has been digitally enhanced quite a bit, and is now a 65x65 Avatar of size 3.1KB.

by Spycatcher34:
Bah starlifter... Sorry I don't have 100s of dollars worth of fancy programs.
hehe...

Well, I used only HypersnapDX (a screen capture program) and ACDSee (an image viewing program), both of which are free. Ohmigosh! Free??! Yup.... I have hundreds of dollars of fancy software, but only 3 little problems:

1. Most are not installed.
2. The ones that are, are in Win2K (and I am almost always booted in Win95, for speed).

3. I don't know how to use all those fancy programs.

:D

So I'm experimenting with how to use the little free programs, like HypersnapDX. Mikoyan's is the 3rd Avatar I tried, since it looked so fuzzy and I figured there must be a way to fix it. But I'm definitely not a graphics person :eek: ....

PS, I would do something with your Avatar, Spycatcher, but I like it just as it is ;).

Originally posted by spycatcher34
Bah starlifter... :rolleyes: Sorry I don't have 100s of dollars worth of fancy programs. :p

Surely all the advance training and equipment that enables you to catch spies could be used for revenue raising. And you had to have had a scource of funds to get that training and Equipment. Industry standards courses like "Seducing superspys, mad scientists, and foreign politicians for Fun and Profit" cost more that a little graphis program. :D

Originally posted by joespaniel

King of Camelot, I like your artwork. :)

:eek: I HOPE your kidding! In my opinion I am a crappy artist, even worst on computers!

Originally posted by joespaniel

How are you making the units look so 3-D and with a shadow?

Well, if you can't see already, its just the pikemans body from civIII. Replaced the pike with the sword, changed the body color to white, changed his armor white, and added a cross. Thats where the shadow comes from.:p 3-D? Not that 3-D, but the chest armor and the cloth on his legs I did this way: start with the base color, in this case pure white in the middle, or as close as possible to the middle,(in the chest it is a horizontal line at the middle vertical wise) then just make the base color a shade darker and put it on both sides of the base line. Thats what I do. See, I can't do anything without a base body first...:p

Originally posted by starlifter
by Simon:

LOL!! You are quite well read, Simon! (I'm assuming the Crusader situation is not covered in Australia's mainstream press very much) :) :)

Many thanks mate, but it is part of my job to know such things; they affect what I write on in my accursed thesis. :D
The Crusader situation has got no coverage here; the headlines in the past week have been the gold medals at the Commonwealth Games, and a cat being stuck up a tree in Fremantle. :D

A cat stuck in a tree in Fremantle? It's Phillllipe. Someone turned him into a cat and stuck him in a tree. S'why he ain't been postin lately. Was it you Darky? :nono:

Originally posted by floppa21
A cat stuck in a tree in Fremantle? It's Phillllipe. Someone turned him into a cat and stuck him in a tree. S'why he ain't been postin lately. Was it you Darky? :nono:

I think he's mad because you all forgot his birthday last week. :p

Hey lefty...... :lol:

Do you have a link for me starlifter? :D

He's been gone for that long Spy! And I didn't forget his Bday, I never knew it.

by Spycatcher34:
Do you have a link for me starlifter?
Here is the homepage of hypersnapDX:

http://www.hyperionics.com/
Here is the homepage of ACDSee:

http://www.acdsystems.com/
or
http://www.acdsystems.com/English/Products/index.htm

I use ACDSee 3.1, since they won't let me upgrade to 4.0 for free :(.

by Floppa21;
A cat stuck in a tree in Fremantle? It's Phillllipe. Someone turned him into a cat and stuck him in a tree. S'why he ain't been postin lately
It is my hope that he is studying hard. A few weeks ago, he said he had fouled up academically, and well, it would be a good thing if he puts his school before posting :). I don't know if they have summer school in The Netherlands, but in the US at age 14, that is where you would be given how his tests turned out.

Top Bottom