Preparing for Civ 6

manu-fan

Emperor
Hi,

I have been playing Civ BE for the longest time. I haven't played Civ V for a long time.

So, as Civ 6 is an extension of Civ 5, I thought a good way to prepare was by firing up a game of Civ 5 to become familiar with it again. It's fun playing Civ V again.

How are you preparing?

Getting a proper deity game done. :p I usually play on immortal, or emperor when trying out something new or playing mod civs.

With caution.

Civ 5 vanilla was a tough lesson for many of the loyals, who also sometimes like to be known as "hardcore base", you know, the ones that started with 1991's masterpiece and came all the way up to... now.

I, for one, even knowing that Ed and team are the ones that saved Shafer's vanilla from staying what it was, will remain cautious. I have trust in Ed's vision, but some elements that are surfacing are concerning.

Probably digesting as many nuggets of info on the game as possible! Otherwise catching up on Stellaris and probably the new Deus Ex game.

Honestly? Probably not thinking about it much at all. They'll tease us with crap like the same 20 min. gameplay video replayed over and over and keep rehashing the same info.

I'll just keep on like normal with the minor difference of getting on the hype train at around oh... September.

:mischief:

Interesting choice of words

:mischief:

Moderator Action: Please do not quote, or respond to, inappropriate content.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Browsing Civfanatics, Arioch's Civ Analyst, dreaming of perfect Unique Units.

I'm getting pretty sick of Civ V, close to 2500 hours played.. Maybe fire up Civ 4.

I will be taking off the 21st of October (Friday) at minimum. May try for the Monday after.

I do have a pre-planned vacation a couple of weeks after launch, so I'm in a good position to enjoy the game.

From now to October, enjoying my last few games of Civ5. I always find it hard to go back to the previous Civ when a newer one is out.

I will be taking off the 21st of October (Friday) at minimum. May try for the Monday after.

I do have a pre-planned vacation a couple of weeks after launch, so I'm in a good position to enjoy the game.

From now to October, enjoying my last few games of Civ5. I always find it hard to go back to the previous Civ when a newer one is out.

Give the CPP a chance... you may find yourself delaying your VI rush... may even prove financially sound, if it makes you delay purchase until guaranteed bugs/imbalances are fixed, and the lovely Fall sale kicks in ;)...

The Path to Civ VI

1. Civ 4 BTS with some upgrades. Time to revisit the most moddable game in the series.
2. Endless Legend. Some speculate Ed Beach picked up the unstacked cities from here.
3. Here I Stand/Virgin Queen. Ed Beach's original boardgames.

Currently playing Stellaris, but downloaded Civ5 again as it's been a while since I last played it. If the BE expansion gets a juicy discount in the Steam summer sale, then I'll be playing that too.

Top Bottom