M4 Sherman

Chieftain
Difficulty level: Warlord
Map Size: Standard, Pangaea land mass
Climate: Warm, Wet
Roaming barbarians

Civilization: Americans

Pres. Lincoln of the Americans.

Obs: I will not post screenshots. This is like a history book for my people, with no photos!

It was a rainy day in March, and in the fields around the Potomac river lived a small tribe: the americans.

They were small bands formed by hunting tribesmen, women and children. Agriculture was already known, but most of the people in the american tribe considered it a dishonored activity. The women had no rights, and were brutally opressed. America, how it was going to be called, didn't exist yet but in the imagination of a few liberals. One of these was Abraham Lincoln.

"So", said Abraham Lincoln, "we need a new government. We need to plow our fields and plant our food, so we can settle somewhere. This way we can make progress and become a powerful tribe."
But the Chief Tribesman Ray
(sorry to all people called Ray) didn't approve such a change. He wanted to keep the old order and the old ways of life, and he was hostile to any attempt of Lincoln to convince him to plow the fields and stop the opression against women. Lincoln then became impatient, and promised Ray: "You will die by my hands, and I will rule the americans forever in your place". Lincoln said this was serious, but Ray laughed at him: "You are nothing but a fool, Lincoln. You are lucky that most of my people consider you mad, or else you would be hanged!". But Lincoln kept his promise until he murdered Ray.

And so, said Lincoln, this will be the day when the americans will never forget their destiny!

Ray was eating his meat lunch when Lincoln and some of his friends appeared and murdered him with their blades. There was blood everywhere in the room. But would Lincoln be caught? No. Everything was carefully planned: nobody has been found guilty, because the courthouses of the american tribes were still inneficient to judge any cases. Lincoln then killed all oposition and became the Leader of the americans. A new age had begun.

--- End of Introduction

Chapter 1 - The Americans

Some Notes on the American People:

History

The americans were a small tribe of hunters that migrated from the distant lands of the north to the River Potomac, baptized when they first saw it in the horizon, and stayed there until circa 5000BC. Then, in approximately this year they migrated to the south, where they stopped. Food there was abundant: cattle heards lived SE, but dark swamps prevented further access to the south. There were huge mountains around their territory, and a hill just SW where they could watch the lands around and prepare for war. Yes, because their sacred rights over the rich cattle nearby was contested by a small tribe of nomads that lived in the mountains. Now it was time for America to win this war and become supreme.

And Lincoln would do that. By diplomacy, but if the enemy tribesmen wanted a fight, then they would have it.

Language

The americans spoke some sort of indian language called Inkrish . Later, many philologists would study this language. But the Inkrish properly said would disappear around 2500BC. Lincoln knew that language, but he would never reveal anyone until the day of his death, many years later. What has remined from Inkrish is nothing but a few place names and the own Potomac name, along with a few inscriptions. Potomac could mean Pot (great) - o (and) - mac (fertile). It seems that there was another name for this river, but this name was forgotten.

Now, to the story!

"Now, said Lincoln, we will begin our long struggle! This struggle will only end when all the peoples of the world follow our leadership!"
One of the shamans of the tribe called for Lincoln, and then said: "I, the great religious leader of this tribe, bless you with eternal life. You will lead our troops to victory and shall bring food, glory and gold to our tribe. But this will take time, and you only will be able to resign from this 'small' gift when you complete your holy mission here, great Lincoln!"
Lincoln then laughed. He looked at the people there watching and said: "I command you now! You will obey me! But this time
(perhaps in another game), I won't be a tyrant!"
The people expressed their satisfaction with a great party that lasted until late in the night. But next day, it was time to start working.

The Game has officialy begun.

Updates will come tomorrow!

M4A3E8

The sun rised from the west when Lincoln woke up. He was tired, but he had work to do. And his first decision would shock the conservative tribesmen in the village.

"We will settle here, and we will not migrate anymore. We will live by farming and fishing, instead of only hunting animals."

Suddenly the old hunters started shouting: "we want to migrate! We want to hunt!". But Lincoln didn't listen to them. He had a great mission, but first he would have to make the people believe in his projects and silence the old tribesmen. Of course, he already had a plan for this.

"Poison their foods" - said he to his "personal assassin". "Yes", the assassin replied. He would have a great reward for his work. So, why would he refuse?

In the next morning all the old men in the village were dead. Nobody in the tribe could explain these misterious deaths, only Lincoln. But the american people was superstitious, so immediately Lincoln made a speech declaring that the old conservative men in the village died for their archaic ideals, and in the hands of God.

Everyone believed in this story, and even today when we know the truth several ignorant people in the countryside still think that this immemorial speech says the truth about all. Of course, tradition and time changed the original tone of the speech to something mythical. We won't reproduce it here.

4000BC - Humble Beginnings

So, Lincoln was now in a good mood. He gave the first steps to the glory of his people: now he has supreme power of his subjects, the americans. The next ambitous step was to make the people plow the fields: he himself planted corn for some years, so he had the necessary skills. And in the next months of the year 4000BC he was teaching the women and the men how to use the plow, how to seed their farms and how to take care of the fields. Many progress was made, people from the neighboring american tribes (the americans were a bit spread along the river) came to help building what the archaelogists called permanent houses, years later. Every child was doing its part and helping its parents.

The work was now concluded: a city. It was small, but it was a city. A permanent settlement for the american people.

America was born

Good start. Keep it coming!

Oh, it's not necessary, but a screenie would be nice.

Top Bottom