Preventing espionage takeovers

celegorm

Chieftain
Hey, longtime lurker, first time poster.

First, my compliments to the awesome team that made this mod. It is by far one of the best I have ever played.

However, there is one thing that bugs me: when I get to the industrial age, every forty of fifty turns, one of my mayor cities will be bribed to switch sides, and war will be declared by the other faction, even if we have a peace treaty. The only way to get it back is to take it by force, which always destroyes a lot of usefull buildings, and I have an entirely unwanted war on my hands.
Is there any way to stop this?

There may be some tweaking necessary on that mission's parameters, particularly in how much espionage it costs to undertake the mission.

However, one thing you can try to do is stay very far ahead in espionage against the player(s) that want to try to do this to you and another is to maintain counterespionage missions against them whenever possible.

I think the design concept in this is to severely penalize those players that don't actively try to achieve a major espionage dominance over their neighbors. But I think it's probably a little off in cost settings.

About this mission, I m not really sure AI understand that means war... More than often, they do ot without prepared for war.
When I use this mission, I often do it in 2-3 cities at the same time (4-5 modern era with Propaganda and Fascism), with some troops ready to interfer.

Top Bottom