1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Preview - NinNES III: Birth of an Empire

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Nintz, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Terran Empress

Terran Empress Hornet

I am expressing interest, what lands are left?

2. Tsoate

Tsoate Prince

Someone really needs to kick Nintz into gear ;)

3. Nintz

Nintz King of the Britons

All right, time to go back and figure out where I left off. Work continuing once more.

@Terran Emperor - Might I suggest Italy, France, or possibly Ukraine? All are fairly open.

4. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

Good. Macedonia will once again rule the world.

5. Nintz

Herulia

The Heruli inhabit this state, a former horde people in fact. In something that resembles OTL Hungarians, these raiders and looters found that the life of a settled people was much preferred. That does not mean they are peaceful, they are still highly aggressive. Due to this however, they are without many friends or allies, all of their neighbors pretty much hate them. This has created a stalemate situation. The Heruli cannot defeat their opponents and grow, yet neither can they be defeated themselves.

Previous Player Priority: bonefang

Burgundia

The Burgundian folk have a long history of surviving against the odds. With numerous incursions from both the southern Alba Longans and the eastern Thuringians, the mountains of Burgundy protected them and have allowed the nation to hold the line for a long time. For this, they have the respect and admiration of the nations furhter west, who would surely be conquered by now if it wasn't for Burgundy. And, not surprisingly, their would-be invaders are not exactly pleased their expeditions always fail.

Thuringia

A religious state of all things, a theocracy, the Thuringians are rather militaristic towards all who do not share their beliefs. They worship the Danube, and have a rich pantheon of traditions and ceremonies built up around the fact. Their leader is said to be the avatar of the river herself, and chooses their successor personally. This state is additionally odd in the fact that positions of power are split rather evenly between men and women, with little to no gender prejudice. They have enemies to either side, though both Alba Longa and Saxony (name pending) are stout allies to Thuringia.

6. bonefang

bonefang Emperor

Ho Ho Heruli !!

Much pleased
    :bounce:

7. Krzowwh

Krzowwh King

I wish more people would start in the East so that I could join as the Protectorate of the Western Regions of the Han Dynasty. Given that, I suppose I shall join as Nabataea, with its capital at Hegra (Al-Hijr), as they seem to be an interesting contender for the spread of Christianity.

Also, if drowning is resolved to be the cause of Jesus' death, then perhaps a symbol of two circles connect by a line would work, representing the Sea of Galilee and the Dead Sea connected by the Jordan.

8. Terran Empress

Terran Empress Hornet

Since i haven't signed up yet, I think i will be the Hunnic Empire in Ukraine, also if someone could perhaps compile all the lore, maps, history, and what not for this game in one place i would be greatly appreciateve

9. Lokki242

Lokki242 That One Guy

Is this dead? :(

10. Patchy

Patchy Emperor

Very. Now stop necrobumping.

11. Manco Capac

Manco Capac Friday,13 June,I Collapse

Oh come on! Who cares about necroing? If I was Nintz, I would be flattered people actually care about it. Even after a whole month.

12. Nintz

It's not dead. Not dead in the slightest. I mean, it didn't even start yet. :p I am however going to say that as my school is starting up it will take some time for me to officially start this. I'll try to get some more stuff done and post where I am so that I'm slightly more focused on this. I do tend to get distracted pretty easily.