Privateer Pillaging Noise "Bug"

DrewBledsoe

Veteran QB
Ok this is rather petty but nowhere else to report it so:-

If you reach chemistry first and have a large number of Privateers pillaging others trade routes, then instead of a small "tiinkle- coins dropping noise" at the start of each turn the sound is multiplied in volume, With 8 or 10 cities being "pillaged" the sound effect at the start of each turn is well, enough to make you jump.

Ok, I could and do turn the sound effects right down, but its messy to keep having to do this each and every turn, as with the effects on low, you can't hear the normal stuff.

Thanks.

Sounds like the old SAM-infantry bug that emitted a crazy loud static of doom scaring your hair off the body at late nights. Im happy Ive not had it with Privateers though, maybe it's hardware dependant?

Sounds like the old SAM-infantry bug that emitted a crazy loud static of doom scaring your hair off the body at late nights. Im happy Ive not had it with Privateers though, maybe it's hardware dependant?

As I said, Im being petty, but no I don't think its hardware dependent, it just multiplies the sounds per pillage noise, which for ten pillages at the start of a turn )and long late game turns in the middle of the night), makes yolu jump :)

I'm going to bump this because its gotta be a bug. Drew's right, after about 10 turns its really, really loud. I've been thinking about stopping my blockade, wondering if this sound will start over quietly again.

Anyone else getting this??

Yes, I'm getting this too.
But since I play with headphones, I can just take them off at the end of each turn ;)

I'd like to add that I too have this bug. I usually turn down my speakers, but then I can't hear a lot of the other noises :(

Glad I wasn't hearing things then ;)

I also have this privateer sound bug... I have also noticed that other sound effects sometimes are crazy loud for no reason and seemingly random. Can it be something to do with how the game is meant to work with 5.1, and we all have 2.0?

Happens to me too, it's the same as when you end turn with all the "?? adopts ??", "?? was born in.." and "a mine was destroyed.." type events still to be displayed.

You could probably find out where the sound file is and edit/replace it.

Top Bottom