Problem downloading RFC: Europe!!!

thecaesar

Will appear randomly
I don't know if this is the right place for this thread, but I need help.

I downloaded it RFC: Europe into my mods folder (This may be what is wrong :confused:), but when I load the mod, it comes up with the main title screen, albiet with the option "Unload Mod" at the bottom.

I have very little experience in these kinds of things, so I could really use some help...

Moderator Action: Moved to the RFC: Europe subforum.

Please take a look at the RFC: Europe folder.
In this folder, you should see a folder "Assets", an .ini file, and some other stuff, that would be correct.
In the case that you see another RFC: Europe folder in the first one, then please move everything from the second folder into the first folder.

Ok, that may be the problem, because I had two folders, and put some stuff from the first one in the recycle bin, thinking it was just Readme stuff and all that... kind of dumb of me, now that I think about it...

No, apparently I ended up with two .ini files, and two configuration settings files. Those are the apparently usseless things I recycled. I tried replacing the old ones with the ones I recycled, but it didn't do anything... help?

Just in case it might help, I'm attempting to access the game by clicking on the private map "RFCEurope". The path to it looks like this:

OS(C: )/Games/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Rhye's and Fall of Civilization Europe/Private Maps/RFCEurope (Worldbuilder File)

When I try to launch the worldbuilder file, it gives me this:

"Mods/RFCEurope is an invalid mod directory, igoring"

that's word for word. And I have NO idea what to do. :help::help::help:

You get that message because the path should be:
Beyond the Sword/Mods/RFCEurope/PrivateMaps/RFCEurope.CivBeyondSwordWBSave (Worldbuilder File)

You shouldn't rename any of the mod's folder names...

I figured that this would be the most appropriate place to post this:

I recently downloaded beta 12 and most of the stuff in the changelog that is posted isn't showing up in the game. I did have beta 11 as well but only for a few days so i didn't notice any major changes.

Here is how I was able to install and if there is any feedback anyone can give me it would be greatly appreciated:

I run windowsXP still...

1. I deleted the old RFC: Europe folder under program files via the "delete" key.
2. Extracted the new beta 12 to the same location.

When i loaded it i can't notice any changes for example: No viking points, certain provinces aren't there, and UVH's aren't what they should be.

I have done this twice and same result each time. I'm not sure if there is a better way to get rid of the older version or not.

Anyone who could help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

My guess is that you did not delete the proper "old" RFCEurope folder and this you are loading the old Beta.

You need to first delete the old folder. It will be in something like:

C:\Program Files\2K Games\Sid's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Delete everything RFCEurope from that folder.

Then extract the RFCEurope_Beta12.zip file and get the new RFCEurope folder and move it to:

C:\Program Files\2K Games\Sid's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

I normally just extract the files to:

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Is that ok? I'm also in the process of downloading the beta 12 again, and I have already removed all the old files from my pc.

I normally just extract the files to:

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Is that ok? I'm also in the process of downloading the beta 12 again, and I have already removed all the old files from my pc.

Hopefully that would solve the problem. You can try to search your HDD for RFCE or RFCEurope to make sure you removed all the files. Unfortunately without knowing exactly what you installed and where, it is hard for me to help you.

Still getting the same loaded version. Does it make a difference of how the load the game? Some of the updates are in there. For example the river is next to Toulouse in southern france, but normandy isn't split into 2 seperate provinces. There are no viking points and the uvh for genoa doesn't include Rhodes or Crimea.

Still getting the same loaded version. Does it make a difference of how the load the game? Some of the updates are in there. For example the river is next to Toulouse in southern france, but normandy isn't split into 2 seperate provinces. There are no viking points and the uvh for genoa doesn't include Rhodes or Crimea.

The mod consists of several things. One if the RFCEurope.WBSave, which is the map. If you double-click on it, it will load the map and the map works across the Betas (meaning you can play the Beta 12 map with the Beta 11 features).

The other features (such as Viking points) are in the RFCEurope folder in C:\wherever civilization 4 is\Beyond the Sword\Mods.

You still have the old RFCEurope folder installed on your HDD. Search for it using the "Find Files and Folders" option.

Ok I just did a search and removed all the files from my HDD. I am redownloading the beta 12 again.

When I go to load the game should I just be going to the worldbuilder save and opening that or through beyond the sword to open and load the mod?

Ok I just did a search and removed all the files from my HDD. I am redownloading the beta 12 again.

When I go to load the game should I just be going to the worldbuilder save and opening that or through beyond the sword to open and load the mod?

It doesn't matter how you start the mod. The right RFCEurope folder should be in the right place (Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFCEurope). This is the only determining factor on whether things would work or not.

Ok. Sorry for the delay. Had a few things to get in order, but I'm back. Now I am getting an error message:

Mods\RFCEurope\ is an invalid mod directory, ignoring

Ok. Sorry for the delay. Had a few things to get in order, but I'm back. Now I am getting an error message:

Mods\RFCEurope\ is an invalid mod directory, ignoring

Good. This means that you deleted the old RFCEurope folder. Now you have to get the new one and put it in the proper place. Which is:

C:\wherever civilization is installed\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFCEurope

Ok I think i figured it out. I extracted the files to documents instead of program files. There isn't an error message and also the beta 12 is correct in all of the changes. Thanks Miro for your help. I do appreciate it.

Is that normal? I have civ4 installed there and in program files? oops.

Ok I think i figured it out. I extracted the files to documents instead of program files. There isn't an error message and also the beta 12 is correct in all of the changes. Thanks Miro for your help. I do appreciate it.

Is that normal? I have civ4 installed there and in program files? oops.

I don't think you have it installed twice. I don't think this is possible. What you have is the main civ files in Program Files and your individual saves and settings in Documents and Settings. Thus if someone else is using your machine and logs in with another username, then they will have their separate settings and savegames.

Ok I guess that makes sense. Well I'm all set now. Finally the Venetians have a shot. Before cordoba was building vinland almost every load. w00t!

Thanks again Miro.

Top Bottom