Problem on a Win 7 laptop.

biggboy

Chieftain
First off, a huuuuuge thanks to all the developers of this incredible MOD. I do not have the skill set to make content, but I will put on my thinking cap and try to at least have some new ideas.

Ok, I have C2C running on several rigs, but on one laptop there is a loading error, with a static list at the top of the screen stating something like BUG error, failure to load xxxxxxx.ini, with xxxxxxx being several ingame resources like advanced diplomacy. Running win7 64 bit on a pretty solid laptop. I scrubbed and reloaded C2C without helping, and ran CCleaner while unloaded to clean up the file structure and registry.

I have other Mods loaded including Realism Invictus, C2C was the last to be installed. Anyone have a suggestion or three??

Thanks in advance.

Start C2C as Administrator, that should get rid of BUG not being able to write to disk.

It is run as administrator, but I am not sure if it was installed as such. Could that be the issue?

Can you post a screenshot of the error? I'd like to see if it's the usual BUG error or another one.

Did you install BTS in c:\Program Files (x86) or somewhere else? Mods using BUG have a tendency to glitch out on Windows 7 due to the program files folder being protected.

OK, problem solved. It turned out that installing as administrator was necessary, once I did that and ran as admin the error cleared up. I'm guessing as noted above it was an issue revolving around permissions.

Thanks everyone!

Top Bottom