Problem when asked to join war

ragan651

High Regent of Candlewick
Edit: Since there's a lot of threads on this, I'm just going to refer to this bug report thread on it. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=557673

-----

When another Civ asks me to join their war, none of the buttons work and there is no way to leave the dialog. I have to alt-F4 to quit the game, and I cannot save or such.

It does show the options (Sorry not interested, how dare you, give me ten turns, declare war) but clicking them does nothing.

I am also having the diplomacy issue where after responding to a request, the dialog goes blank, but the leader is still there. With that one, I can work around by pressing Esc and waiting a moment for the dialog to resume.

Civ:BE vanilla.
Windows 10
Intel HD 3000 (Windows 10 drivers)
Core i7
6 GB RAM
Res: 1600x900

Suggest you try validating your game files through Steam. Also, you don't state it, but I assume you aren't playing with any mods.

No mods, fresh install. Seems to have stopped when I used F11 to do a quick save, but that might be a coincidence.

I'm having this exact same issue - it is a fresh install purchased via steam. It is the second time it has happened to me - cant do anything and havent saved in about 20 turns... help?

Well fortunately the game has a good auto save every 10 turns. You can set it to be more frequent in the options, so you haven't lost too much progress.

I'm trying different stuff, and I haven't found anything exact yet. I know I was getting it every time I loaded at a certain point, on a message where I was asked to stop using satellites near Brazil. So it seems to be any dialog of that kind. It only stopped when I loaded the game, immediately hit F11 to save, then continued the game. After a couple turns, when the dialog popped up, it worked fine.

I've tried different graphics settings, putting leaderheads to high, putting leaderheads to low, every combination I could think of. The graphics made no difference.

Top Bottom