Problem with Beyond the future

ArbogLi

Chieftain
Hi guys! I'd like to ask a little question: one of my mod player talk me about a problem using both mods. Investigating the problem we found that I have a new nuke-type unit, it have de <DefaultUnitAI>UNITAI_ICBM</DefaultUnitAI> like the other nukes, but with CAT it dosen't work, the unit is not loaded and the production screen in the citi doesn't work. Any ideas why can this happen?

It might be a problem with the load order. Tell your player to set a reference in CEP to your mod to make sure CAT loads after your mod. Could you also link or post the error in question?

I tested in my own computer, I put CAT as referenced mod in my own mod to load first and still fails. This should be the tech view:

And this is how it is with CAT:

This is how the production screen looks like after researching the "Orbital flight":

And this is what happens when you try to open the production after (nothing):

>I put CAT as referenced mod in my own mod to load first and still fails.

If you put CAT as a reference in your mod then CAT will load first. What you want to do is set a reference in CAT to your mod so your mod loads first.

This still might not work so if you could link a non-steam version of your mod, I'd greatly appreciate it (I really don't like using steam workshop). I could do any further compatibility testing once I get a copy of your mod.

Ups, sorry... in spain we say "antes" as "before", is a very usual mistake in me misunderstand "after" with "antes". Re-testing again but really loading CAT "after". :blush:

Is Orbital Flight a PrereqTech for anything else? I can't see a connector pipe in your screenshot.
Maybe the game is thinking it has reached the last TECH and can't find the next TECH or it can't keep researching this one because the Repeat tag is not set on that TECH.

Maybe, I'm only thinking out loud based solely on a screenshot not your code.

Apparently not!

Speaking not so much (all the english I hear is TV series xD), but writing I manage a bit ^^

You where right, loading my mod before CAT it works... so I supone I should add a note explaining how solve the problem in Steam and Civfanatics downloads pages.

[Edit] @ExpiredReign Nope, is a dead end. Anyway, the problem is the unit unlocked with that tech, the tech itself is researched properly, but when the new nuke is unlocked the production screen is screwed.

I'll add a reference to your mod in the next CAT release. Could you attach your modinfo file so I can get your mod ID?

No problem:

<Mod id="0d765f42-aae7-43d9-b655-4127f9f06a0d" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Beyond the future" />

And thanks for your concern and sorry for the inconvenience.

Top Bottom