Problem with BUFFY (HOF) mode on WIN8

Rihiter

Lord of War
Hi. I installed BUFFY mode to have some fun with GOTM but unfortunatley I get a following screen when try to run the mod.
I got WIN8 system.
I did recomended fixes for win7/vista users but obviousley they don't help with win8. :(
Any one know the solution?
01.jpg

Did you try right clicking on the game and/or BUFFY and choosing to give it admin privileges? If not, that may solve your problem.

@lymond - any ideas that would help here?

@Rihiter
Well, never had the abomination that was Win8, but I have seen the error. I forget a bit but I’m pretty sure it is a rights/access issue.

I would retry the fixes but make sure you give full control to the highest level civ iv folder. Also, you must do this for the BTS folder under Documents/My games.

And make sure you do the the Read Only uncheck there to

Lastly, always install using “run as administrator”. - the game and any mods

Last edited:
Well, will try to install all again with "run as administrator" I suppose. And will se how it goes...
Thanks for replays. Will let you know did it help soon.

Problem still not solved. :)
I noticed that I'm not able to unmark "read only" for the folder where saves are writen. I open properties, unmark "read only", apply, OK. Then when I open properties again "read only" is stil marked.

Not being able to change from "read only" suggests that the account you are using when trying to do this is not an administrative account.

Top Bottom