Problem with Cruise Missiles

I edit cruise missles to be carried in subs. Of course, you have to up the limit on the subs. Just check the "tactical missle" and the "load" flags on the cruise missle, load it on the sub, and let 'er rip.

While you're at it, just up the bombard range to like 6 or seven, and lower the cost to like 30, then you're cooking with oil.

Get a city to produce 1 CM per turn (they're only 50/60 shields after all). Stockpile them until you are in a war and start getting pestered by those annoying old naval units that bombard your coast. Redline them with regular artillery, then sink them with Cruise. Saves having to move ships around. The shield cost for the missiles should be less than the cost of whatever they sink (or you should have so many you don't care).

brennan said:
Get a city to produce 1 CM per turn (they're only 50/60 shields after all). Stockpile them until you are in a war and start getting pestered by those annoying old naval units that bombard your coast. Redline them with regular artillery, then sink them with Cruise. Saves having to move ships around. The shield cost for the missiles should be less than the cost of whatever they sink (or you should have so many you don't care).

That's good IMO, but better is to have a stack of bombers, located somewhere in the centre of your empire, so that they can reach your coast in any direction. When an AI declares war on you, it will most definitely send in a fleet towards your territory carrying an army. When they are in range of your bombers s, attack them! If you have 20-30 bombers you will sink them all. Of course you'll lose some of them (1-2) but the gain is immense. You traded 1 or 2 bombers foe an entire fleet and army.And afterwards you will still have a stack which can counter any further attack, which we cannot say for a missile stock (as it would be spent)! That's why I don't bother building any cruise missile. If they would have a load onto a submarine possibility originally, and a greater range, as they have in real life, I would definitely build them. Just imagine havoc they could inflict on AI infrastructure behind front lines, launched from your submarine fleet. Superb!

Cruise missiles are quite disappointing. I'd rather save up the shields and wait until I can build ICBMs. Those, however, are fun. Nothing like having the whole world declaring war against you haha.

nimbuses said:
That's good IMO, but better is to have a stack of bombers, located somewhere in the centre of your empire, so that they can reach your coast in any direction. When an AI declares war on you, it will most definitely send in a fleet towards your territory carrying an army. When they are in range of your bombers s, attack them! If you have 20-30 bombers you will sink them all.
Sounds like a good strategy, but for them with C3C only. ;)

Top Bottom