1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with DiplomacyInfos.XML

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Plug and Play Project' started by esnaz, Nov 11, 2007.

1. esnaz

esnaz King

2. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

Maybe you can help out by sharing what the problem was and how you fixed it?

3. TAfirehawk

TAfirehawk WoC Team Manager

Yeah the code is changed in the WoC.....and schema updated.....all fixed in the WoC :)

4. esnaz

esnaz King

Sorry, I had it posted before, but deleted it because I thought this forum was empty. Basically, my problem was that with a single civ, diplomacy text works in modular (the text in modular, the diplomacy infos isn't in modular [Assets/XML/GameInfo]). I fixed it by putting all the diplomacy text in a non-modular format (Assets/XML/Text/).

5. TAfirehawk

TAfirehawk WoC Team Manager

DiplomacyInfos.xml is modular.....

Not sure if it is something mrgenie has done in the WoC or if it comes with Firaxis....but it is modular in the WoC.

6. Fierabras

Fierabras Emperor

Diplomacy is not modular the way Firaxis made it, but it is in modular in WoC, thanks to mrgenie.

If sounds would be modular as well, you would have true Plug & Play.

7. esnaz

esnaz King

I actually got the diplomacyinfos in modular, but I didn't want to take any chances and released my mod with it in standard xml format. Maybe in the future Audio will be made modular. That would really be useful, because its annoying to create a whole XML folder just for several files.