Problems loading GOTM-02 save file

Yakodi said:
I could not load the save.:rolleyes:
I reinstalled game and patch (took me half an hour).:mischief:
I still cannot load the save.:(
I tried to run the check-tool and it gave me the attached message. :mad:

Do I have a chance to play the GOTM:confused:

Happy New Year to everyone !!!
I have made all required recommendation too.
But save not loaded.
Previous game loaded without problems.
I asked myself What's the difference?

My previous installation of the game worked under Windows XP Pro and NTFS.
Current installation works under Windows XP Home and FAT32.
I think that the loading problem may occur from the file system of operating system.
The file length under FAT32 and NTFS differs and it may cause problems when you check control sum.

Could you please send me save file for using under Windows XP Home and FAT32?
My holidays will last until january,10, I stay in countryside using GPRS to contact CFC.
:)
Thank you.
Yurian.

hey, i just send an email. i believe my problem is system specific.
for example, this is what i see in my XML CIV4GameText_Misc1.xml

line 9364: <Italian>PagGi?/Italian>

maybe this looks fine to other people, but it is "PagGi?/Italian>" on my computer, missing the "<"

i think this can be easily fixed by adding a space between the italian word and the "<" symbol like <Italian>Pagedown </Italian>.

this bug persist since the stock version of the game, but i just delete all <italian> tag in my XMLs, but deleting tag will result in different checksum, not a big deal in previous version, but now we need same file to play gotm.

also i've reinstalled, patched, gotm2 savegame still says i have modified assets.

Attachments

• italiantag.jpg
    italiantag.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 406
panzooka said:
hey, i just send an email. i believe my problem is system specific.
for example, this is what i see in my XML CIV4GameText_Misc1.xml

line 9364: <Italian>PagGi?/Italian>

maybe this looks fine to other people, but it is "PagGi?/Italian>" on my computer, missing the "<"

i think this can be easily fixed by adding a space between the italian word and the "<" symbol like <Italian>Pagedown </Italian>.

this bug persist since the stock version of the game, but i just delete all <italian> tag in my XMLs, but deleting tag will result in different checksum, not a big deal in previous version, but now we need same file to play gotm.
I think that is just because Notepad, or whatever text editor you use to look at the XML, is unable to display the accented characters in that XML file correctly. You shouldn't edit the files in any way, as the game software is probably able to read them just fine. You either need to install more font sets on your system to display foreign languages, or ignore those effects.
also i've reinstalled, patched, gotm2 savegame still says i have modified assets.
That's the real problem that ainwood is trying to track down.

Thank you for the email with alternate file.
I have reloaded and repatched and it made no difference to website posted game. I dragged the file you sent me to the desk top and clicked on it and game opended smoothly. I shall run asset checker again and email file to you.

I am running the most current version of the game (changed the save to .civ4savedgame and it recognizes it in the game folder but when I try to load it ingame it doesn't even see it.

AlanH said:
I guess you'd have to ask Firaxis why they did that. Is it a big deal to relaunch Civ4?

Yeah, my thoughts exactly, so now, why does it ask if I'm sure when I try to exit normally?

ainwood said:
can you try double-clicking it to load it? Are you looking in the correct folder?

Ah, yes, when I double click it.. it tells me the file is protected and I cann't access it. I have never installed a mod for the game.

Smirk said:
Yeah, my thoughts exactly, so now, why does it ask if I'm sure when I try to exit normally?

In case you misclicked it. If you haven't set autosave to every turn you could loose some 3 turns.

Hey, have you guys find out the problems? sending the no-password file should be only temporary solution...

UK income tax was first introduced over a century ago as a "temporary" solution ;)

Seriously, this is not a trivial problem, and looks like a bug in Firaxis' implementation. They have been alerted and we are looking for a workround. Watch this space.

Top Bottom