Problems with BERT with the IGE2 Mod

CMC1

Chieftain
Is it a problem with the MODS? I am using IGE 2 game editor with BERT.

I have Windows 10 and and my computer tower has adequate specs but at game turn 20 the game just hangs for the AI deciding other AI players' moves. I have started playing a non-modded game to see if it still happens - assuming the AI doesn't eliminate me before then!

I notice on some threads they do report the game hanging but I am nowhere near mid-game.

The old SMAC eventually came out with an integral game editor; couldn't they have thought of this with BERT. There is no option to use the old SMAC factions. This game really is half-finished. :( I am beginning to think that in the good old days games came out much more finished. (Granted that I can remember that when SMAC came out there were drivers problems.)

Live long and prosper.

Unlikely that it's caused by IGE, unless you've played around with the map and somehow caused the AI to bug out I don't see how it would effect AI-processing. Any scripts that have gone wild would just freeze the whole game instead.

Moderator Action: Moved to General Modding Discussion

I sometimes get a similar hang on turns when an AI makes planetfall (i.e. sometime within the first 20 turns with staggered starts).

I set the game to autosave every turn, and find that exiting then loading my latest autosave when the hang happens lets me continue with the game.

Top Bottom