Profiling for turn time processing speed evaluation

Thats good, can I get these changes from a branch or something? I don't want to do much coding if I don't have an accurate profile, or I will get a bunch of conflicts!
Multithreading was deactivated in XML globals in A New Dawn:
Code:
<Define>
       <DefineName>USE_MULTIPLE_THREADS_PROPERTY_SOLVER</DefineName>
       <bDefineBoolVal>0</bDefineBoolVal>
   </Define>
   <Define>
       <DefineName>NUM_CITY_PIPELINE_THREADS</DefineName>
       <iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>
   </Define>
It was turned off some time ago in XML.

I'm not sure if it counts as completely deactivated though.

Last edited:
Thats good, can I get these changes from a branch or something? I don't want to do much coding if I don't have an accurate profile, or I will get a bunch of conflicts!

Maybe i have time to do that next weekend.

Multithreading was deactivated in XML globals in A New Dawn:
Code:
<Define>
       <DefineName>USE_MULTIPLE_THREADS_PROPERTY_SOLVER</DefineName>
       <bDefineBoolVal>0</bDefineBoolVal>
   </Define>
   <Define>
       <DefineName>NUM_CITY_PIPELINE_THREADS</DefineName>
       <iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>
   </Define>
It was turned off some time ago in XML.

I'm not sure if it counts as completely deactivated though.
The code is going to significantly change so I can certainly share in Bill's concern on doing anything to adjust things because what Alberts2 is doing is going to be a nightmare to merge (for him or us) for whoever is going to need to do the merging eventually. Very deep structural adjustments!

Maybe i have time to do that next weekend.
Would you be able to do this please? It doesn't need to be pretty just the zipped source files attached here is fine; I want to get stuck in deep to optimization this weekend but I don't want to duplicate effort!

@billw2015 ,
Quick question, will you be wanting savegames that show EoT waits?

Example my current game in mid to late Ancient is taking 2 mi 48 sec +/- 2 sec to process EoT wait.
Screenshot shows settings. But not total AI in game, which should be 7 or 8 AI.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0093.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0093.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 144
Would you be able to do this please? It doesn't need to be pretty just the zipped source files attached here is fine; I want to get stuck in deep to optimization this weekend but I don't want to duplicate effort!

The problem is that I changed lots of other things´as well which requires lots of xml changes and i haven't updated that modified version since the end of may. I have to merge all recent changes and make sure everything works first.

Edit:
I went to far with optimizing things and removed some gameoptions as well. The other modders would never approve that so i have to add all that code again.

Last edited:
The problem is that I changed lots of other things´as well which requires lots of xml changes and i haven't updated that modified version since the end of may. I have to merge all recent changes and make sure everything works first.
I don't care if it works I literally just want to see what functions/classes/files you have modified so I can avoid them! Doesn't need to be updated, just a zip of your source dir as it is would be fine.

Quick question, will you be wanting savegames that show EoT waits?
Yeah although I'm interested mostly in anomalous ones. e.g. Your turn time went from 1 minute to 40 minutes (this happened to me which is how I ended up here!). Just generally extremely long turns as well are useful, maybe 5m or greater. I think 2 minutes is just normal turn time at early/mid game right?

I think 2 minutes is just normal turn time at early/mid game right?
Somewhat. It is over a minute + longer than it was a year ago for mid Ancient Era.

If you need saves to look at just shout. :)

I just got alberts2 recent update so will see how it affects my EoTs. This is so Great that you guys are doing this! :clap::rockon::salute::dance:

Yeah although I'm interested mostly in anomalous ones. e.g. Your turn time went from 1 minute to 40 minutes (this happened to me which is how I ended up here!). Just generally extremely long turns as well are useful, maybe 5m or greater. I think 2 minutes is just normal turn time at early/mid game right?

turn times have improved significantly after update. now they are 1-2 mins ...early by mid game it used to be 15-30mins

I'm running Gigantic (16 civs - C2C World with Pangaea landmass)/Nightmare/Long (4000 turns) autorun.
On 450th turn everyone is in Ancient era, some of them are close to Classical era.

Average turn time is around 2 minutes 15 seconds (final release DLL).
Traits are disabled altogether, and I have WFL/TD on. All combat mods are on too.

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-10134.CivBeyondSwordSave
    5.8 MB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Top Bottom