Protestantism in RFC

It is only for the BTS version. In fact, as far as I am aware, it only works on the latest RFC patch.

The version 1.98 update is now finished. Please re-download to remove an error in the first release; the new tech tree had not been included.

Not much, to be honest. Balancing the conversion in that manner would require more work and I can't think of anything good that would work.

I suppose you get better diplomatic relations with other Protestant countries, if you want to think of that as a bonus.

(Of course, this is not necessarily an issue in the 4000 AD start.)

Ok, in the mean time I am going to give it a small maintenance reduction as I cant think of anything better and england neads a helping hand with her empire ;).

btw has anyone thought about adding orthadoxy as well? to make byzantium a more important city and to distance russia from the rest of europe a little bit?

Panopticon, have you been working on the readding of Judaism or the temple mount concept for Jeruzalem to symbolize the presence of Judaism in Jeruzalem?

Seems like a good idea and I was thinking of a combinde modcomp for RFC:BtS and this one can't be left out, but I feel the need for judaism in the mod, as a full religion, or just a building in Jeruzalem.

@kairob: I will try a maintenance reduction. It seems appropriate that the benefit in gold should be dispersed among all Protestant nations rather than the founder alone as in other religions.

@SadoMacho: I just don't see the need for Judaism in a mod which is about the actual course of human history. It is relatively small by world standards (http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html), it has predominantly been present in the form of minority communities since the flight of the Diaspora and it has had relatively little influence on governments. Having said that, I don't really see the point of Confucianism and Taoism co-existing either. I don't think Jerusalem itself had the kind of cultural influence that would justify creating a special building for it.

I was playing a game as Arabia and discovered Printing Press first. Since I assume I can't host the reformation, I gifted the tech to Russia to try and pry him away from some of the Catholic diehards, and to give him a bit of a boost so I may team up with him when Turkey spawned. Unfortunately it seems that Russia too, can not host the reformation? I think that Russia (and Greece) should be able to host the reformation to symbolise their adoption of Eastern Orthodox Christianity.

haha, you are right, they weren't. Buddhisim spread quite a bit this game and they were Buddhist

Updated; small logos are fixed to make the colours match, and the mechanism that determines whether a city retains a Catholic minority is fixed too.

Added this mod to the wiki.
I've always wanted to do something like this, but in a more generic way (not tied to Christianity) and without deleting any religion. And this would become a very complicated thing to do. Who knows, maybe one day this mini mod may be useful...

Top Bottom