Protestantism in RFC

Indeed. I would rather restrain my own work to a very small and simple change, because I don't want the difficulty of expanding it, but it's not too difficult for a Python writer to convert it into a generic schism mechanism.

This all sounds great; I'll play these as soon as I have time. Exams and debates are looming, so I don't have time to do Civ things as much.

Úmarth;6339602 said:
Yes, but they'd have to be merged first and another religion lost, but Taoism is a bit of a waste of space I suppose.

Sounds good so far. May I suggest for the icons that you keep the vanilla Christian icon for Protestantism, and then change Catholicism's icon any one of the more ornate cross and crucifix styles eschewed by most Protestant sects.

How about gold cross for the catholics and silver for protestant. I'm not saying catholicism or protestantism is better but it would be much easier to make by just changing the color.

hi ,

just a a thought , if we will include protestantism we should include shinto also , .... :mischief:

Have a nice day :)

How about gold cross for the catholics and silver for protestant. I'm not saying catholicism or protestantism is better but it would be much easier to make by just changing the color.

It's done now so the question is moot! Also gold and silver aren't all that different as colours.

Shinto would add little to the game, as only one country ought to have it.

I was thinking about the controversiality between the Catholic and Protestant crosses... if the only difference was color change, it wouldn't be offensive as it is now that "bible is more important to protestants".

A little question to those who know the mod a little better than I do...

I tried modifying it a little bit by changing the religions' graphics a little bit by switching around the symbols used for Catholicism and Protestantism for my own use but I couldn't pull it all the way through and I didn't know where to look for cure for the problem.

Basically, what I didn't know how to change around the building portrait graphics and how to introduce "the small logo" to the game. The mini-picture next to the buildable building and the mini-cross next to the Catholic/Protestant country's name on the score screen got me baffled. (The logo next to the "Empire" in direct diplomacy is correct, though.) Anyone know how I can change around the portrait graphics for the "Christian" and the "Jewish" buildings, as well as replace the little logo with the correct insignia? Everything else I can cover by myself and so far this is the only thing keeping me from playing this mod.

A little question to those who know the mod a little better than I do...

I tried modifying it a little bit by changing the religions' graphics a little bit by switching around the symbols used for Catholicism and Protestantism for my own use but I couldn't pull it all the way through and I didn't know where to look for cure for the problem.

Basically, what I didn't know how to change around the building portrait graphics and how to introduce "the small logo" to the game. The mini-picture next to the buildable building and the mini-cross next to the Catholic/Protestant country's name on the score screen got me baffled. (The logo next to the "Empire" in direct diplomacy is correct, though.) Anyone know how I can change around the portrait graphics for the "Christian" and the "Jewish" buildings, as well as replace the little logo with the correct insignia? Everything else I can cover by myself and so far this is the only thing keeping me from playing this mod.

My advice would be to go through the .zip file for the mod and look at each file in the Assets/Art and Assets/res folders. You might need a tool like GIMP for looking at some of the files, if you don't have one already.

As far as I am aware:
The Assets/res/Fonts folder has the small logos.
Assets/Art/Interface/Buttons has other logos, and the building portraits (those are in buildings_atlas.dds).

My advice would be to go through the .zip file for the mod and look at each file in the Assets/Art and Assets/res folders. You might need a tool like GIMP for looking at some of the files, if you don't have one already.

As far as I am aware:
The Assets/res/Fonts folder has the small logos.
Assets/Art/Interface/Buttons has other logos, and the building portraits (those are in buildings_atlas.dds).

Thanks, that's probably what I needed help with. :)

I'm having one problem with the mod. I can't build neither Catholic nor Protestant temples. -.- Granted I modified the files a bit but that limited only to changing the logo graphics to golden and brown crosses. However, right now I can't build anything connected to Christianity. Churches, monasteries, cathedrals. All banned.

I'll replace the files with the original ones and see if I have the same problem then. I doubt things would be any different then, but then again I also doubt Panopticon would have released a buggy modcomp.

I'll see if it works the way it's "intended" to work. Reporting soon.

EDIT:

Alright, tried it out on Vanilla BTS RFC. Still can't build either churches. Furthermore, each state that they replace each other on Civilopedia. I have no clue what's the matter. No-one else has this same problem?

Top Bottom