Protestantism in RFC

For the sake of historical accuracy, I was wondering if the real protestent countries are more likely to convert then the less likley ones, for example netherlands, germany, england , scandanavia convert to protestenism while italy, spain, france (maybe) stay catholic

Given that the resulting download would be >100MB, I think I'll leave it as it is.

As you wish. Another thing: other than converting Catholic to Protestant, nothing much is happening Reformationwise; are you planning on adding a religious wars event or something to that effect?

I don't want to pre-ordain events too much. I'm thinking of a one-time bonus for players who convert to Protestantism when prompted (e.g. the dissolution of the monasteries), which could be 50-100 gold for each piece of Catholic infrastructure that they had.

I see. Well at least relations between Protestant and Catholic civs should seriously worsen. Also, Protestant civs should be excluded from voting if the Apostolic Palace is Catholic owned (and vice versa). BTW, playing at Vice-Roy level, my Dutch civ could easily persuade Catholic France to change to Protestantism (Paris has the protestant Holy City). A cash bonus is nice (hadn't noticed), but I'm not sure that covers the Reformation (and Counter-Reformation!) entirely. For instance, the Netherlands might never have revolted against Spain if there hadn't been a sizeable Protestant faction and Spain's Philip II hadn't come down so hard on these 'heretics' - resulting ultimately in the 80 Years War and Dutch independence. Also, the 30 Years wreaked havoc throughout Germany, while involving several neigbouring countries (Austrian Habsburg, Bavaria in the Empire and Denmark, Sweden from outside were actively involved, as were France and Holland to a lesser degree); it practically tore the empire in two until a solution was reached by compromise. So, at any rate it should seriously destabilize the HRE in one way or another.

Unfortunately I can't change the first two things without modifying the DLL, so any change will be from some other direction (i.e. code-able in Python).

Updated version now available on the Download Database: see Page 1.

Changes:
- Unnecessary files removed to reduce download size by 75%.
- Reformation code migrated from RiseAndFall.py to Religions.py. Amended Python code makes end-of-turn wait in early game go much more quickly. This reduces wait times for late civs also.
- One-time bonus of 100 gold added for any civ that chooses Yes on the Reformation popup. (The dissolution of the monasteries.)

I should add that if you have installed an older version of RFC Reformation, you should replace the altered RiseAndFall.py file with the original file from RFC 1.185, because it's not used any more.

It probably doesn't work with Inquisition due to multiple XML files. The six original shrines should give +1 gold.

A new file has been uploaded, but it only contains a small change for my own use, that changes the city population formula to yield more realistic results.

Does it works with Warlords?

It uses a custom BtS DLL, so probably not.

Top Bottom