Province Border Definition (Run-off)

Which of the proposals outlined in the 1st post do you prefer?

• A

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • B

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

Eklektikos

Eponymous
Please note that all names assigned to the new provinces in these proposals are for descriptive purposes only.

Proposal A:

Proposal B:

These proposals are the tied winners of this poll.

This poll will run for 48 hours or until quorum is met.

Say no to the Capitol Province, That renders any governor useless, Vote for B

Personally, 40J, I would say yes. If we could extend the Eastern Gate Province to include the new "peninsula", that would be good. I'd also like to see Tenochtitlan in the Big Valley, but that would probably take a long debate. Of course both of these actions would probably invalidate this poll. So I guess not.

I'm not sure if it invalidates this poll, although I will wait until after it concludes before proposing any revisions. Besides, I think that after the next t/c, we'll know even more about the surrounding area. :)

From the beginning, we've stated that minor modifications to these borders is anticipated and expected pending discovery of surrounding terrain. From the looks of it, it would likely make sense to add that peninsula to the Eastern Gate province, especially since it is not large enough to support a province of its own.

Nonetheless, i think we should definitely establish the provinces first. Then worry about making any adjustments that we may deem appropriate.

I voted for A, I think that the governor of this province will have the same voting power as the other governors, as well as the honor of governing our first city.

i think we should go thru this poll FINALLY!!!!

we can then decide to extend the provinces or create new ones with another poll due to the newly conquered lands.

The governor of the capitol province won't be useless but I've never liked the idea of a one province city anyway. I voted for B.

Though I do think having a one city province is stupid and probably a waste of time and talent for the person governing it (imagine being the govenor if we built a wonder there for 50 turns!), it seems that this option will win. On the upside it means the province I named will survive, be it a hollow shell of a province or not.

I might suggest that, now we will have multiple provinces and governor, that we look to the establishment of a working senate and provincial councils (mayors). The governor of the Cpital Province could be accorded the role of Senate Chair or some such...

I have another proposal:
Why not let the vice-president govern the capitol city/province?
Would be a nice twist for that position.

Also, no mayor should be in the capitol then :)

If we do the same for the forbidden palace city, the domestic deputy could then govern that province (not to say we will do that, just in case!).

Hmm, the main misgiving I have with that is a muddling of the Executive and Legislative branches and a further dilution of the power and role of the Senate. PLUS the whole reason we have depudies is so that if a leader or governor resigns, the depudy can quickly step in without problems. Making the depudies of the two most important executive positions Governors is just begging for trouble.

Excellent point, AJ. I hadn't considered the problem of Leader advancement making a whole. That could be cleared though by having those positions defined as not being governors. These deputies would not be part of the Senate as they are not actually governors. The Leader positions would be defined to manage the respective cities in the event the Deputy position was vacant so the deputies rising to Leader would not leave a vacuum in city management.

Well, we already have a governor of Bohemia for this term. Assuming Bohemia = Bavaria then we need not make the VP the governor of the domestic department.

Once these borders are declared official we will need a special election for governor of the province with the pink borders since it has 3 cities (I think). If the old Aztec capital is within the province with the blue borders we will need a special election for governor there as well. If another city is founded west of Valhalla we'llneed a special election there as well.

Of course we finally put through a provincial proposal just in time to realize we have to look at the borders again now that we know more about the world and it's geography. :king:

Originally posted by Shaitan
Actually, governors will be appointed. Anybody who is interested in a position should follow the link in my signature.

Hmmm. Have the CoL and CoS changed or am I still ioving back in the days of Phoenatica? Seeing as I'm judge advocate I guess I'd better drag out the Three Books and do some reading...

So you raised a good point with the 3-city rule :)

The capitol province can in fact be successfully governed by the domestic department without any rulechange, as it only has 1 city :)

The other 2 governors are appointed, and i believe the norhtern province could be the "new bohemia", so we would only need 2 new governors at the moment until the end of the term :)

And yes, they are appointed but must run through an acceptance poll.

Poll has ended. The people have chosen proposal A: Capital Province.

The capital province is still Bohemia. It wasn't eliminated, it was defined. FionnMcCumhall is still the governor there. The Southeast and Southwest provinces will need governors. These governors get to name the provinces as well.

Originally posted by FionnMcCumhall
Say no to the Capitol Province, That renders any governor useless, Vote for B
Mr. President, I urge you to reconsider.

If you must insist on making Bohemia the capitol province, I think it would be a waste of such a responsible, talented, and elected official as Fionn to restrict him to a single city. Furthremore, as you can see, he is obviously displeased with the notion of governing a single city.

I urge you to consider appointing him to another province so that his skills do not go to waste. I still believe the capitol province could and should be governed by the Domestic Leader as it is our nation's capitol and only one city.

Top Bottom