1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

PS4 huge maps - question before buy

Discussion in 'Civ 6 - Consoles' started by Paweł Jarczyk, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Paweł Jarczyk

Paweł Jarczyk Chieftain

Hi, i have ps4 (non pro). How game works on huge maps in late game? How long we should wait to have next turn. On my PC i need wait in late game circa 90sec to have next turn after press next turn:)
    How it is on ps4? It is better, ?

2. StashMcWhalen

StashMcWhalen Motivator Supporter

This is my biggest threshold in terms of technical AND tactical limitations.
    The options menu only offers two "quick" function choices for combat and unit movement in general, per turn.
    However, and this even applies to a PC rig, the end-of-turn calculations and movements still show significant lag and loading saves takes over 1:30 minutes for a fresh start, let alone late game.

I have this game on PC steam, and PS4 pro, on a 4k 70inch etc. But in any case, I'm stressing the point that my equipment is intended to have all features for performance turned on.

Playing on a standard map with 6 players. 5 AI. And myself. Performance-wise, it takes anywhere from 15 seconds to over a minute, with quick options turned on.

Example being turn 375 on standard play time.

My opinion is that it does lag. Not, game breaking, but, it's a long wait. So, I find myself breaking immersion by having to turn off the animations etc. Both, because even if it is playing on a maxed out machine, there's a lot of units and events going on by the end of the game...and i just don't want to be stuck watching it all.

Also, you can't have your cake and eat it too; i.e. quick enemy moves, and yours are animated.

Otherwise, this is a very impressive console version!
    I prefer the controller, and I use my keyboard if I want to make a tedious map pin.

But consoles I assume equalize the lag equation in terms of your question.

3. Zorrukk

Zorrukk Chieftain

I don't have a keyboard for my Xbox one X but you can use the controller to drop map pins and personally I don't think it's that tedious(maybe a little but not real bad) especially with practice.

4. StashMcWhalen

:mischief:.. or maybe the keyboard is used for Naming my labels. (Any keyboard works, BTW. )

Thanks for the protip.:sarcasm:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  5. Zorrukk

Zorrukk Chieftain

Are you saying I can use any USB keyboard with my Xbox?

6. StashMcWhalen

Correct, usb or Wireless dongle one too

7. Zorrukk

Zorrukk Chieftain

Wow ok might have to try that out.

8. HiRezAudio

HiRezAudio Warlord

I find it noticeably slower on my PS4 Pro compared to a 5 year old PC.