Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Attrition Offensive

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Encirclement Destruction

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
ive done that before, its really hard and the games usually extend as log as 50 hours.

I don't really have a tactic. I usually just observe the enemy carefully and wait for them to make a mistake like sending their stack of doom into the jungle or something, then plan my attack according (also mostly based on the surrounding terrain and resource location). I guess I could say that I use a combination of all of the above: Encirclement Destruction and Attrition Defensive first and always fight battle in my own territory until the enemy running out of troops and unable to mount any more offensive. Then it's time for an all out Mobile Offensive.

Originally posted by Moonsinger
... first and always fight battle in my own territory until the enemy running out of troops and unable to mount any more offensive. Then it's time for an all out Mobile Offensive.
I agree, but I find the definition of "my territory" changes quite quickly. As far as I am concerned "my territory" is anywhere I can move fast in - that's roaded or railroaded that I own or is neutral, including any I have recently liberated. So if I can take enemy cities on the first turn of war I do so. An then that becomes "my territory". Next turn ... what else can I turn into "my territory" so that I can road it or rail it and move fast on it.

In short, I don't usually have a clearly defensive phase unless the enemy has taken the initiative and I don't yet have offensive forces in position to move forwards on that front.

On the question of Infantry in battle, they are only as good as their artillery support.

Calvary can scout, but do not have the staying power.

I have been fighting like this for many turns. It is slow but effective.

Until tanks get on the scene, infantry and artillery are a fine combination.
I say stay mobile and keep moving. I do not want to loose any territory. Fighting on the AI's turf means my resources are not at risk.

i learned that lesson hard one day, i had 20 infantries and i attacked and i got the city, but with my last man.

Top Bottom