PTW Unit Pack impressions

Frimlin

Wandering Wizard
Hello!

I don't have PTW yet myself, but I'm interested in hearing from those that do, about what they think of the three Unit Packs that came along with the add-on. Can you give me (and others) your impressions?

Does anyone know any links to information on the unit names and stats for the Dinos, Medieval Japanese and WWII units? Any screenshots.. etc? I'm pretty sure I've scrutinised each PTW marketing screenshot I saw, but didn't find any from out of those three unit packs. Did I miss something right under my nose? :)

Any info or thoughts are appreciated. :)

I love the new units and there a lot of them.

Medieval Japan: Ashigaru Spearman, Fire Cannon, MJ Army, MJ Catapult, MJ Leader, MJ Settler, MJ Worker, Minamoto Samurai, Nakamaro Horseman, Ninja, Oda Arquebusier, Otomo no Makuta, Otomo Spearman, Shoni no Kagesuke, Siege Crossbow, Stone Crossbow, Warrior Monk

World War II: American Anti-tank, American Flamethrower, American Heavy Machinegunner, American Rifleman, British Rifleman, Churchill, F4F Wildcat, FW 190, German Anti-tank, German Flamethrower, German Heavey Machinegunner, German Rifleman, Italian Rifleman, Japanese Rifleman, M26 Pershing, ME262, P-38 Lightning, p-51 Mustang, Panther, Russian Rifleman, Sturmovick, T-34, Tiger II, Zero

Prehistoric: Allosaur, Anklyosaur, Deinoychus, Gallimus, Parasaur, Plateosaur, Raptor, Spinosaur, Stegasaur, Torosaur, T-Rex, Triceratops

They don't come with any stats, you will set them up when you put them into a scenario.

The Dinosaurs are awesome and make really impressive Barbarians.

I think someone is working on a BIX that has all the new units. Check the Customization forums.

Thank you, homegrown! :)

I was just nosing through an expanded PTW units file posted up here by Scipio Africanu (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35371) and then I got an email about your reply to this thread -- the veritable icing on the cake. ;)

The new units sound great, and I'm sure I'll enjoy them. It will be interesting to see what stats we will give them in scenarios. Now if only I didn't have to wait 23 or so more days before my pre-order of PTW arrives!

The new units kick a$$, especially the WWII units. In addition, they're very easy to incorporate into any scenario.

As Homegrown stated, their stats are user-defined, so there are no presets. It'll be up to the user to experiment with the attributes of each unit to ensure game balance, which most people prefer to do when adding new units anyway.

Does anyone know if the additional units have been used in any scenario yet? I've looked, but can't seem to find any mention of one yet. I guess those with PTW are too busy actually playing it. :D

You would think that a good expansion pack would not only include new unit sets, but AT LEAST one scenario for each set utilizing them. :(

Dinos? I didnt know there were Dinos yay chow time

Top Bottom