Public Square - Estates General Call-up!

I leave it up to the Designated Player to choose when they will stop. But not before 5 turns and not more than 10 turns.

Well, surely, if all the world declares war on us, you'd like the turnplayer to stop, wouldn't you?

I think 5 - 15 turns is good to aim for, unless something extraordinary (ie. war declaration from someone) happens.

I plan to do 7 turns in the next TC for example, since that'll be the moment the next great person is born, and we need to discuss what to do with him.

I just want a minimum of turns per week for the sake of keeping the game moving. Surely we can make an exception for a major event like a DOW. A Great Person is foreseeable and orders can be given for him before the TC. In this case it seems you are just using the GP as a good time to stop the save. If he was going to be born in 2 turns then there would be no need to stop. I think 5-10 turns per TC with a 10 turn minimum and 15 turn max per week gives the DP flexibilty. A major event clause could also override the TC rules.

I just want a minimum of turns per week for the sake of keeping the game moving. Surely we can make an exception for a major event like a DOW. A Great Person is foreseeable and orders can be given for him before the TC. In this case it seems you are just using the GP as a good time to stop the save. If he was going to be born in 2 turns then there would be no need to stop. I think 5-10 turns per TC with a 10 turn minimum and 15 turn max per week gives the DP flexibilty. A major event clause could also override the TC rules.

That sounds fair.

The King has vanished! We have not heard from him in a week! King civplayah has not replied to my correspondence! I believe the time has come to take action!

:king: I suggest the Council replace King civplayah with Regent Cyc. Let Cyc wear the Crown and name a new Regent. :king:

While Lord Regent Cyc has done a great job in the Kings absence this is a little premature. The King announced his absence and the system is working. After the turn chat if he has not returned I will reevalute my position.

People of Arete it is time to annoint a new King. Cyc has been just and has led us for long enough as Regent and should now fulfill his destiny. In the name of the unaligned I hereby endorse Cyc as our new King. Long live the King! As Dutchfire has elso called for Cycs coronation I hope the unaligned citizens of Arete are pleased with our decision.

I will be away for 10 days, starting Sunday the 17th, should one of the other unalligned citizens take over my duties as a representative for that period?

I am now the Clerk of the Realm and have to vacate my position as Representative. I nominate the Commonnate to fill the position as Representative if he wishes to accept.

I might suggest Joe Harker to replace dutchfire while dutchfire is gone on holiday. As far as I know, Joe's still unaligned.

^^ Yeah thats fine. :)

Thanks for the nomination :), however i have still got my holidays coming up so a day after dutchfire returns i leave for a week, then leave two days later after getting back for Barcelona to see England play so effectively i would be gone for two weeks so at the moment i can't take up the role permanently as i would not have time to do the job.

And the Commonnate may want the position anyway :)

So we have two positions open for Non-aligned Reps. One is permanent and the other is temporary (10-14 days). So far the Commonnate has been nominated and may take either position. Would any other non-faction citizen like to be an Assembly Hall Representative?

So we have two positions open for Non-aligned Reps. One is permanent and the other is temporary (10-14 days). So far the Commonnate has been nominated and may take either position. Would any other non-faction citizen like to be an Assembly Hall Representative?

TCN is a member of the Principality of Kasiite.

Vandals correct, although I would love to represent the nation. I would take the position as I would love to see these representative aspects of the CoA be polished, and I also believe we could push aside factionality (although I may be wrong!) to allow this, I decline.

To tell the truth I'm coming down with something and I'm not going to be much help to the DG until I'm over it, and Joe Harker will make a much better representative then me.

I would like to know the duties of the representative and why one is 'permanent.' A Permanent Representative makes no sense to me and I would strongly warn against this regardless of who is put in place.

I would tend to agree with the commonnate on his last point. Permenet sounds to... uh, ... permenent. :) I'm not sure if we've covered the length of a term for this position, other than if one is not doing their job - they will be replaced.

I'll let one of the Reps tell you about the job description. And I agree tha Joe Harker and you, thecommonnate would make good Reps. ;) You could always bail from the POK. j/k

Well, I think Joe will take over for me during my absence, so we only need one more replacement.

Top Bottom