1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Public Square - Estates General Call-up!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by vra379971, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

2 turn chats is a week is reasonable to me. I just ask a minimum of 10 turns per week.

2. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

Well, surely, if all the world declares war on us, you'd like the turnplayer to stop, wouldn't you?

I think 5 - 15 turns is good to aim for, unless something extraordinary (ie. war declaration from someone) happens.

I plan to do 7 turns in the next TC for example, since that'll be the moment the next great person is born, and we need to discuss what to do with him.

3. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I just want a minimum of turns per week for the sake of keeping the game moving. Surely we can make an exception for a major event like a DOW. A Great Person is foreseeable and orders can be given for him before the TC. In this case it seems you are just using the GP as a good time to stop the save. If he was going to be born in 2 turns then there would be no need to stop. I think 5-10 turns per TC with a 10 turn minimum and 15 turn max per week gives the DP flexibilty. A major event clause could also override the TC rules.

4. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

That sounds fair.

5. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

The King has vanished! We have not heard from him in a week! King civplayah has not replied to my correspondence! I believe the time has come to take action!

:king: I suggest the Council replace King civplayah with Regent Cyc. Let Cyc wear the Crown and name a new Regent. :king:

6. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

KING CYC! KING CYC! KING CYC! KING CYC! :king:

7. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

I would ask that you not chant here, for this is the place for the unaligned people....and you have a nice faction to chant in :p

8. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

While Lord Regent Cyc has done a great job in the Kings absence this is a little premature. The King announced his absence and the system is working. After the turn chat if he has not returned I will reevalute my position.

9. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

People of Arete it is time to annoint a new King. Cyc has been just and has led us for long enough as Regent and should now fulfill his destiny. In the name of the unaligned I hereby endorse Cyc as our new King. Long live the King! As Dutchfire has elso called for Cycs coronation I hope the unaligned citizens of Arete are pleased with our decision.

10. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

I will be away for 10 days, starting Sunday the 17th, should one of the other unalligned citizens take over my duties as a representative for that period?

11. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I am now the Clerk of the Realm and have to vacate my position as Representative. I nominate the Commonnate to fill the position as Representative if he wishes to accept.

12. Cyc

I might suggest Joe Harker to replace dutchfire while dutchfire is gone on holiday. As far as I know, Joe's still unaligned.

13. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

^^ Yeah thats fine. :)

14. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Joe, If the Commonnate declines you can take the permanent position vacated by me.

15. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

Thanks for the nomination :), however i have still got my holidays coming up so a day after dutchfire returns i leave for a week, then leave two days later after getting back for Barcelona to see England play so effectively i would be gone for two weeks so at the moment i can't take up the role permanently as i would not have time to do the job.

And the Commonnate may want the position anyway :)

16. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

So we have two positions open for Non-aligned Reps. One is permanent and the other is temporary (10-14 days). So far the Commonnate has been nominated and may take either position. Would any other non-faction citizen like to be an Assembly Hall Representative?

17. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

TCN is a member of the Principality of Kasiite.

18. thecommonnate

thecommonnate Theocrat

Vandals correct, although I would love to represent the nation. I would take the position as I would love to see these representative aspects of the CoA be polished, and I also believe we could push aside factionality (although I may be wrong!) to allow this, I decline.

To tell the truth I'm coming down with something and I'm not going to be much help to the DG until I'm over it, and Joe Harker will make a much better representative then me.

I would like to know the duties of the representative and why one is 'permanent.' A Permanent Representative makes no sense to me and I would strongly warn against this regardless of who is put in place.

19. Cyc

I would tend to agree with the commonnate on his last point. Permenet sounds to... uh, ... permenent. :) I'm not sure if we've covered the length of a term for this position, other than if one is not doing their job - they will be replaced.

I'll let one of the Reps tell you about the job description. And I agree tha Joe Harker and you, thecommonnate would make good Reps. ;) You could always bail from the POK. j/k

20. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

Well, I think Joe will take over for me during my absence, so we only need one more replacement.