Public Square - Estates General Call-up!

^^ That would be the easiest way to do it.

BTW When i said permanently, i meant taking the position in full, not being a replacement for someone. :)

Vandals correct, although I would love to represent the nation. I would take the position as I would love to see these representative aspects of the CoA be polished, and I also believe we could push aside factionality (although I may be wrong!) to allow this, I decline.

To tell the truth I'm coming down with something and I'm not going to be much help to the DG until I'm over it, and Joe Harker will make a much better representative then me.

I would like to know the duties of the representative and why one is 'permanent.' A Permanent Representative makes no sense to me and I would strongly warn against this regardless of who is put in place.

If Tnc wants, I will humbly step down, from my representative postion, so he may become one.

No Vandal, you should stay the PoK representative. As for what is going on now, I am once again confused.

Dutchfire and Joe Harker will be the lead representatives on my request; Joe should take Lord Civius' place as independent representative. I am honored for being nominated, but Joe will do a better job then me I believe.

However if you wish for me to take dutchfire's position for 10 days I will do so. I am personally against the system of Independent Representatives, as two independents can be dramatically different in political nature, but I will attempt to represent the citizen base of the DG if so chosen.

The way i was thinking was that i would replace dutchfire for 10 days, because then i am on holiday for a week and a half after dutchfire gets back, so it doesn't make sense to put me in the full role until after my holidays. If the position is open after my holidays then i would quite like to apply for it.

Another way to do it is the way you described, if i accept the position now and you find someone to replace dutchfire for 10 days and then the same person replace me when i go off after those 10 days, thus someone gets 20 days as a replacement, then once we are into September it would be me and dutchfire as independant representatives, that might be simpler?

Interesting but it seems like it works. I'd like to see what Cyc has to say about it before anything begins though.

:) When I first read Joe's last post, I was reminded of the infamous shell game. :dunno:

If Joe replaces dutchfire for his time off, and thecommonnate replaces Lord Civius for the same period (plus the 3 days until dutchfire leaves), that gets us a span of being covered in the Rep Dept. for almost two weeks with no major hassle.

When Joe leaves for his holiday, thecommonnate can do 1 of two things. Temporarily replace Joe Harker for his ten days or continue as Lord Civius' replacement until he decides not to anymore or gets fired :deal:

If thecommonnate does not really care for the position during his first two weeks, but will still replace Joe for his 10 days, afterwards he can bow out gracefully, having served his people well.

But if during the period of time when Joe is replacing dutchfire AND thecommonnate is replacing Lord Civius, thecommonate decides he likes the position, he can stay as Lord Civius' replacement indefinitely and we would then find a replacement for Joe's 10 days vacation.

Yes, a bit complicated to digest, but this plan gets us covered for a good while and gives thecommonnate time to make a decision. :thumbsup:

But if during the period of time when Joe is replacing dutchfire AND thecommonnate is replacing Lord Civius, thecommonate decides he likes the position, he can stay as Lord Civius' replacement indefinitely and we would then find a replacement for Joe's 10 days vacation.

dutchfire would be back before i leave, so no need to find me a replacement in this case.

Edit:

Right just checking this is what will happen. Me and the commonnate will be representatives until dutchfire gets back which is one day before i go. Then dutchfire and the commonnate will be the reps. After i get back if the commonnate wants the position he and dutchfire will contiue as reps and if he doesn't want it then I would be the rep, right? :crazyeye: (It's too much for me at midnight having slept 3 hours today!)

This works fine, but I don't want the government to be waiting for a choice from me. As Joe Harker had explained it works fine for me, and I will gladly be succeeded by him when he arrives.

This position should be periodically updated I believe, and if we follow these guidelines it should do just that.

Yes, that's basically correct. But we don't know what will happen. That's almost 3 weeks from now. We can deal with that at a later time. It may turn out that dutchfire would like a replacement by then, who knows.

Makes sense, if something happens we will need to change something...

Co-Regency will not work. Elected or not, this compromise is absurd.

What is the publics' view on this idea. I hope I am backed when I say that a compromise of this nature will never be able to be completely realized.

If you're are talking about the idea of two co-Kings, I totally agree with you. Absurd. Will never work. Don't even bother polling it.

Yes that it was I mean. Good to know.

If only Cyc had civ4, we could have had a good old duel.

I urge the citizens of Arete to formally state their standings on the power struggle here. It is the Representatives duty in the Estates General to listen to us and attempt to negotiate our problems into a solution that will work for us, but only if we speak.

Where do the people stand on the matters of Co-Kingship?
If they are against it, who should be king? Lets be heard.

Posting as a citizen, I believe we should base our technological research in the direction of Biology and Medicine. These techs will help stem the unhealthy environments we are starting to create. Well, maybe not. But, they will in the long run lead to advances that will do this. Now they will help alleviate some of the problems these unhealthy environments cause.

Cyc that is a viable route to choose, if we end up going power-hungry and seek production over sickness, I would be all in favor of these techs. Factory builds will be assessed before the next TC, and by the end of then we will need another teching direction.

The good od Public Sqaure. I have laid out my position on Tech path in the Assembly Hall and it includes Bilogy and Medicine. I will visit this thread often and I encourage all Reps to do the same.

Top Bottom