purchase promotions with energy

taxguyz

Chieftain
This is my first post to civfanatics. Before yesterday (11-14-2014), the last time I visited this site was on 10-7-2010. I have played civ1&2&3&4&5&Civ BE. My best suggestion to make 1UPT (one unit per tile) work as well as possible is to allow the purchase of single unit promotions (or perks or other enhancements), especially allowing a single unit to be healed completely with a cost of 100 energy. Another type of "minor promotion" (which can be purchased with 100 energy) could be an increase of 10 percent of combat or ranged strength (which occurs now in Civ BE when a single unit gains enough experience) for a completely healed single unit once per turn. A "major promotion" enhancement of a single unit that would cost 500 energy could include giving a ranged unit (the ranger, for example) a weak melee attack so that the ranged unit could capture a city that has been reduced to zero hit points. In addition, a "major promotion" costing 500 energy could give a melee unit (the soldier, for example) a ranged attack with a minimal range of one hex (which the machine gun unit in civ 5 brave new world has). In a civ 5 scenario brave new world (the american civil war), with the right technology, a usa infantry division with money and "manpower" (a american civil war scenairo resource) can upgrade to a usa infantry corps at about a doubling of combat strength.

Being able to buy a full heal is a huge balance issue, and 100 energy is way too cheap for that if it is allowed.

The problem with 1UPT is that the AI has a lot of trouble dealing with it. Buying promotions with energy doesn't fix that at all.

Top Bottom