[PY MODCOMP] BarbarianCiv - Barbarian cities settle down into full civs

I just couldn't find the SDK sources in the download. Am I losing something here or the source files aren't really available?

I just couldn't find the SDK sources in the download. Am I losing something here or the source files aren't really available?

Its not availiable in standalone. It has to be extracted from RevolutionDCM and good luck with trying to do that. I have tried so many times that i now given up. Someone with great knowledge of how it works has to extract it because its really mangled together with other components.

Its not availiable in standalone. It has to be extracted from RevolutionDCM and good luck with trying to do that. I have tried so many times that i now given up. Someone with great knowledge of how it works has to extract it because its really mangled together with other components.

Ohhh!

Hi there,
I'm a RoM 2.8 player, and i love the BarbarianCivs idea implemented there!

But right now i can`t use the barbarian-civs- feature as it is, as it completely breaks the game in terms of balance!

Whenever a barbarian city grows to be a civillization, it gets a number of "bonus gifts", like a lot of new techs (that nobody else has discovered yet), lots of strong units and even new buldings. -all at once!
The bonus stuff is nomore about just "helping them to survive", as they already only get a chance to become a civ if there is nearly nobody in the near.

This even get`s worse as the game develops:
So right now my game is in like the early medieval era, there are 3 barb. civs (of 13 total civs), each of them only has like 2-3 cities (compared to my 15), but are running around with riflemen and guns while everybody else is building their first knights!

so i took a look into the python file, and whoa, like 90% of the code is just about what all is to be given to them as "birthday present" when they settle as a civ!
And also there is an annoying part of code that forces them to attack the first player they get contact with. Why that?? They are a just a newborn civ and try to survive, not go on some crazy psycho rampage!
I tried to just delete parts of the code, as i don`t know how to recode it for the better, but this made the game crash.
Yes, there is a config file for that mod but it lacks of options to alter that stuff!

My intention would be that they get nearly 0 bonuses or maybe a settler and some workers,plus the military they already have, but no new techs or anything above that.
Just like it is: a small group of barbarian folks that slowly develops to a civillization.
in small steps, not a big hyperspacejump.
As I stated above they are not in that great danger generally, and also if one of them gets crushed then this should be ok, as this won`t happen to everyone of them and is also completely natural.

This barbarian civ feature would be so cool and add just that extra diversity to the game, but it sadly fails because of over-featuring.

Could somebody PLEASE for the sake of this great mod

either
.)make a "BarbarianCiv Pure edition" : no extra uber-bonuses, no attack-on-first-sight-diplomacy.
.)tell me what to change in the file
.)add more options to the cfg file (to alter bonus techs/units and the attack feature on/off)

PLEASE everything else is great but only this particular coding messes it up completely...

Well, unfortunately this modcomp seems to have been made into RevDCM and not a standalone version. I don't think anyone has successfully extracted it from RevDCM either. So I'm not sure what you want to happen will at any point in the near future. I'm sure I, and others have said this before, but it kinda sucks that it wasn't made as a standalone version as well.

er...first lines from the OP:

I thought there was some issue with that one though.

EDIT: Yeah, that's right, his "SDK Version" refers you to this page. The python version (the one you linked to) kills off some civs at game start so they can take over for the barb civs = very very very lame.

Do you maybe got a SDK source file? or even better did you save your changes only somewhere?

Kind regards.

Does this mod affect how the Barbarian city names are defined?

Tried to edit the Civilization infos XML-file in RoM - A New Dawn mod which includes this mod, however the XML changes do not seem to take effect?

Are the Barbarian city names defined in some other file, or what? :confused:

Top Bottom