Python erors while starting mod

Seldon

Chieftain
When I start any game with the HOf mod, the interface is gone, as well as most key shortcuts. After scanng the forums, I learned it was because some python errors. so, I turned on the logging...and yes, there were a lot of errors. The question is: what should i do now? how to fiix those errors?

BTW, I'm running vista ultimate 32-bit, and yes, followed the procedures outlined in the hof site.

I'm posting here, because the support thead is closed.

Welcome to..... posting!?! :crazyeye:

so, I turned on the logging...and yes, there were a lot of errors.

Can you either email the log to hof.civfanatics@gmail.com or post them here? It'll be a lot easier to understand your problem if we can see what the errors are.

Also, have you ran our Asset Checker v.2.0.2? If you could please run that and send us the errors there too, that would help.

I´ll send the log files as soon as I get home (i'm at work right now). Thanks!
Denniz, I already followed those procedures.

Here are my logs!

...Hope they help. :S

Attachments

• PythonDbg.txt
    12.8 KB · Views: 42
  • PythonErr.txt
    124 KB · Views: 42
  • PythonErr2.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 70
Here are my logs!

...Hope they help. :S
It is failing when it tries to lookup your "My Documents" path from the Windows Regisitry.
Code:
(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, 
"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders", 
"Personal")
Do you know why it isn't able to find it? I figure it is a Vista thing but I don't have it to check. Also, I haven't heard of anyone else with this problem.

Nope... No idea why... but perhaps I mishandled something...
Guess I'll reinstall Vista :-(
i'll let you know when it is done.

Thanks.

Before you do that, what is your exact path to your "My Documents" folder?

I didn't need to reinstall after all. I just created a new user, moved the contents of the old documents folder to the one of the new user... and voila! Everything is running smoothly now.

Thanks for all your help´Denniz and Methos!

Let's make sure everything is correct before you invest too much time into a game. Could you submit a test game so we can make sure your settings are correct? Vista has a tendency to be stubborn.

Load the HOF mod and start a duel size marathon speed game with a single opponent and go torch his city and than submit it. This should take you about a couple of minutes to play.

No sense in learning your settings aren't correct by having a serious game with a lot of time invested in it get rejected due to Vista problems.

Top Bottom