Nathiri

Commander
So I've just heard from a friend who was told by another old civ3 player that any number higher than 320 defaults to 0, which is a random number. I was confused by this as I had not heard anything about this before on civfanatics. Is it true that 320 is the max value to control the number of a resource?

The resource values are ratios used to apply and remove resources to and from the map. I have not heard of 320 being the max appearance ratio but that very well may be. Like most other Game Values, the Resource Ratio no doubt has a limit. 320 is a high ratio to begin with, how ever, there has not been enough studied concerning the Resource Ratios to know for sure.

Here is one from embryodead 15 years ago: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...es-in-c3c-is-totally-different-details.69502/

The resource values are ratios used to apply and remove resources to and from the map. I have not heard of 320 being the max appearance ratio but that very well may be. Like most other Game Values, the Resource Ratio no doubt has a limit. 320 is a high ratio to begin with, how ever, there has not been enough studied concerning the Resource Ratios to know for sure.

Here is one from embryodead 15 years ago: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...es-in-c3c-is-totally-different-details.69502/

Yeah I already have the thread bookmarked, but he doesnt mention about a limit.

Nathiri... Just curious why you want to know IF 320 is the Max Value appearance ratio other than wondering? Do you want more?

We need to have more research into this.

I can't imagine why you would want/need more than 320 ratio anyway.

Try setting more than 320 ratio. If it all works, depending on the size of the map and other game settings... you can let us know the results.
Remember... it is a ratio value no matter what we think we know.

Nathiri... Just curious why you want to know IF 320 is the Max Value appearance ratio other than wondering? Do you want more?

We need to have more research into this.

I can't imagine why you would want/need more than 320 ratio anyway.

Try setting more than 320 ratio. If it all works, depending on the size of the map and other game settings... you can let us know the results.
Remember... it is a ratio value no matter what we think we know.

No particular use at this time. I just found it odd why I saw nothing about it on here.

People believe and think many different things and their beliefs and thinking, regardless of how they came to their conclusions, are not necessarily correct.

Because there has not been a great deal of experimenting and posting of results concerning the Resource Ratios for the Civ III / Conquests Game... Best to Experiment and post your findings.

I believe most "Modders" go with a perceived notion of using the Civ III/Conquests standard ratios regarding the appearance and disappearance of resources.

...It would be interesting and helpful to know what the max limit is, as well as exactly how to set the ratios for what is really wanted.

Top Bottom