[GS] Question About GS's Extended Endgame

steveg700

Deity
It seems GS is making efforts to extend the endgame. The diplomatic and science victories to lean into this. But what of the other victory types? I mean, if you have to wait longer to win science, but you can win a culture victory at the same rate you do now, doesn't that present an issue?

Not sure if we've seen it honestly... I may be wrong though, I'm going from 'seeming to remember reading about this a few weeks back' ;-)

You can produce "Rock Bands" and target a specific Civilization you have difficulty gaining influence over. The Rock Bands give you a good amount of tourism over that Civ. Plus i'm sure the Future era Civic trees being randomized can play a part in winning at Culture.

but I'm quite certain of reading that religion and dom are not changed... just not sure about culture

You can produce "Rock Bands" and target a specific Civilization you have difficulty gaining influence over. The Rock Bands give you a good amount of tourism over that Civ.

ok so that's another tool for culture... but has the victory conditions/mechanism changed ?

Last edited by a moderator:
ok as of Bite's GS changes site:

VICTORIES

Culture Victory – You need to use Rock Bands to get Tourism

Diplomatic Victory – you get points towards the Diplomatic victory by winning certain resolutions in the World Congress

Domination Victory – No Changes

Religious Victory – No Changes

Science Victory – Now goes Launch Satellite -> Land on Moon -> Establish Mars Colony -> Exoplanet Expedition.

the Exoplanet Expedition takes about 50 turns to arrive but you can speed that up by employing different policy cards and things like the International Space Station.

I imagine they have just increased the amount of tourism required to be influential over somone. Seems like a fairly easy way to slow down thr victory.

What im most excited about is the third tier of agendas. If they are all focused around tying to stop somone achieving a victory condition or aiming for one the late game will get much more interesting

You "need" to use rock bands for tourism?

Again, I'm specifically wondering about how victories might be pushed out to take better advantage of the era extensions.

It would be a nice buff for things like the T3 building if there's enough new runway for them to help that snowball.

I imagine they have just increased the amount of tourism required to be influential over somone. Seems like a fairly easy way to slow down thr victory.
Amount of tourism required? It's your tourism output versus everyone's culture output.

What im most excited about is the third tier of agendas. If they are all focused around tying to stop somone achieving a victory condition or aiming for one the late game will get much more interesting

Civs get a third agenda in GS?

Yeah. Another hidden agenda that only comes online near the end game. From what i have heard is that they are based around the victory conditions.

The only one we know so far is 'flat-earther: tries to stop civs navigating the globe or going into space'

I imagine this is the GS replacement for the late game negative diplomacy caused by ideology differences in BNW.

Im hoping it means atleast some of the AI will try to stop you achieving victory. But i guess we will wait and see

A few policy cards and techs pertaining to tourism have been nerfed. Computers for example now increase tourism yields by 50% rather than doubling them.

A few policy cards and techs pertaining to tourism have been nerfed. Computers for example now increase tourism yields by 50% rather than doubling them.

Yep, and there a policy card that reduces the tourism from other civs.

You "need" to use rock bands for tourism?

Again, I'm specifically wondering about how victories might be pushed out to take better advantage of the era extensions.

It would be a nice buff for things like the T3 building if there's enough new runway for them to help that snowball.

Amount of tourism required? It's your tourism output versus everyone's culture output.

In one of the other threads it was posted that computers dropped from a 100% tourism boost to a 50% one. So they may have just done some accumulated nerfs to things like that to extend the culture game.

Yep, and there a policy card that reduces the tourism from other civs.

Makes it less of a passive game, and more of an RNG-fest via Rock Bands. Likely that's an improvement overall, as at least Rock Bands have active choices to make (even if the potential range of outcomes, at least based on our last sighting, is as wide as a 1:1 attack in AH's Third Reich).

In the latest live stream they mentioned something about policy cards that are designed to slow other's victories.

Also, aren't walls buffed? That might count toward slowing domination.

In the latest live stream they mentioned something about policy cards that are designed to slow other's victories.

Also, aren't walls buffed? That might count toward slowing domination.
Well, with dom and religious don't have procedural conditions and by their nature can happen on a more erratic schedule than the other two (now three), so I'm not really holding them to an expectation of having their endgame extended.

Top Bottom