Question about music

TheMulattoMaker

Dictator of RF
I normally play the game with the sound muted, so even though I've been neck-deep in RFC Europe for the last few months I haven't heard much of the music. Got a question about one of the tracks I heard recently. I'm not sure which era I'm in (if the music progresses like it does in regular BtS, I don't even know) but I'm coming up on Printing Press, so mid-game-ish I guess.

Anyway, the song in question starts with one female singing something rather haunting, then partway through she's joined by another female. I would guess the language is Gaelic, but I could be way off on that. The singing style kind of reminds me of Clannad. Does anybody know who this is? Thanks.

In the .zip file that you downloaded, look into RFCEurope\Assets\Sounds\Soundtrack, there are a bunch of .mp3 files in there, one of them is the song that you want.

I'm an idiot... :hammer2:

I found that folder yesterday, then spent a good hour and a half searching YouTube, using the track and artist names, trying to find a video that sounded like the song I was looking for. I found out a lot of interesting things about medieval music, but couldn't find the song. Never occurred to me to just, y'know, open the files. :lol:

Awesome mod, by the way- I'm not sure if I've done anything besides work, sleep, and RFCE for the last few months :bowdown:

Update: Found it. It's "Bogoroditse Djevo". Which is in Russian. Which is just about as far away from Gaelic-speaking areas as one can get and still be in Europe.

some silly American said:
I would guess the language is Gaelic, but I could be way off on that.
:blush: ...yeah.

Unfortunately, that was the one track in the entire folder which has no information listed. So although I'm now familiar with the piece (I've always liked classical music, but Rachmaninoff never really crossed my radar until now) I still have no idea who those two awesome ladies were. :(

Bogoroditse Djevo is actually Serbian. It is an Orthodox chant, Bogoroditse literally means "the one who give birth to god", and "djevo" means virgin. It's a song parsing virgin Mary.

I don't think anyone can point to an author just like most of the old traditional folk songs and stories. I am not sure about the actual recording, my guess is that that it is some church choir, but I have no way of knowing which one.

...Gaelic...

...Russian...

Bogoroditse Djevo is actually Serbian.

...perhapsibly I should stop playing "Guess The Language," since I don't seem to be very good at it...

It is an Orthodox chant, Bogoroditse literally means "the one who give birth to god", and "djevo" means virgin. It's a song parsing virgin Mary.

I don't think anyone can point to an author just like most of the old traditional folk songs and stories. I am not sure about the actual recording, my guess is that that it is some church choir, but I have no way of knowing which one.
Okay. Thanks 3Miro.

Top Bottom