Question about placing natural wonders in world builder

Winged Hussar

Warlord
Hi all,

I created a custom map in WB, but I'm having difficulty placing certain natural wonders. Even when I manipulated the terrain to meet the requirements for specific natural wonder placement, it sometimes does not let me place in the spot I picked out. Is there a way I can change the game's requirements where the wonder can be placed?

Also, on an unrelated issue, the world builder does let you change the vanilla placement of resources. It won't let you plop a specific resource onto the wrong type of terrain (say, a stone resource on plains or desert), but once you place it where the game is happy (non-forested grassland in this case), you can then change the terrain to whatever you like and still keep the stone on it. Does this make the game unstable when you play your custom map?

Thanks in advance

Sorry that I am not answering your question. But how do I get the world builder I can't seem to find it on the steam work shop? I use to love making my own maps in past Civs.

Sorry that I am not answering your question. But how do I get the world builder I can't seem to find it on the steam work shop? I use to love making my own maps in past Civs.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/solved-changing-terrain-ingame-using-firetuner.611149/

check out this... you basically download the civ vi sdk (from steam tools) and then while in game you run the fire tuner (it will be on a separate window, no an in-game option).

Basically:

1) Download CIV VI SDK from steam tools
2) Go to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI and open the file "AppOptions.txt" with your Notepad. Find the entry "EnableTuner 0" and change it to "EnableTuner 1"
3) Go to the link above and download the panels posted by Skodkim and extract them into the FireTuner folder (it will be on C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK\FireTuner after you install the SDK)

Now while playing hit alt-tab (reccomend to play on window mode for faster alt-tab), run FireTuner then go to File -> Open Panel and select the WorldBuilder file you downloaded from Skodkim and placed in the FireTuner folder.

Keep in mind that many of the terain changes are not visible until you save and reload your game. But the are visible in the strategic map mode. So you basically enter the strategic map mode, you do all the changes, and then you save/load your game for the effect.

Top Bottom