Question about requirements

AlfaM

Chieftain
Hi everyone, I would like to ask a question for hardware experts.I ordered a laptop with these features for needs:

CPU Marca: Intel
CPU: Intel Gemini Lake N4100
Nucleo: 1.1GHz,2.4GHz,Quad core
GPU: Grafica Intel UHD 600
RAM: 8GB DDR4
ROM: 256GB

Do you think it can make Civilization 6 work?

Thanks in advance

I think the minimum requirements are here. CPU might struggle, but I am not familiar with Intels. :D

This is very unlikely to meet minimum spec requirements, mainly due to the CPU.

The “minimum” listed on the firaxis site is an i3 @ 2.5 GHz, and a dedicated 1GB graphics card.
Now, processors vary a lot, but similar to automobiles, comparing their “horsepower” (in this case, how much electricity they can use) is a decent heuristic.
A laptop i3 from back when Civ6 was released (2016) draws ~35 watts. The N4100 is rated for 6 watts. So that right there tells us this CPU is very limited in how much data it can crunch (it takes energy to do processing, and there isn’t that much variation in energy efficiency for general processing.)

The other issue is that it doesn’t have its own graphics card, and uses part of the CPU to handle that as well. While this alone might not be a problem on some higher end desktop models, UHD600 is not in that group. It uses part of the RAM for video memory, so you end up with a CPU that’s already under spec and at the minimum ram level sharing part of its power and ram capacity to do graphics. (Civ6 is more graphics hungry than CPU hungry, in my experience.)

That doesn’t mean the game won’t physically function, but this is most definitely not “minimum spec,” due to the processor.
(EDIT: the minimum ram req is 4GB, not 8GB, but my conclusion on the cpu being ill suited to the task stands.)

Last edited:
Doesn't look like it's strong enough. But you can go to the Steam page and download the demo to see for yourself.

Top Bottom