1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about the "less used movement, more strength gained" perk

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by Khtugg, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Khtugg

Khtugg Chieftain

Hi People,

I am wondering how the perks the title refers to works defensively. In my game I'm about to level up my rangers to the first purity tier with intentions to mould it into the supremacy/purity hybrid Virtuoso. These ones may attack one extra time. Here are my questions;

1: If the virtuoso remain stationary in my turn and is attacked by a unit from a rival colony, does it gain +20% strength(10% for each point of movement it has available)?

2: What if said virtuoso had moved once?

3: What if it attacked once instead?

I have a similar post in the Quick questions and answers thread, but I thought I'd risk making a new thread and increase my chances of info-gain. I need to get moving in my game!

Thanks for reading.

2. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

It is meant to function for offence as well as defense, so yes, every move used reduces the bonus by the % per move.

Attacking = no moves left = no defense bonus.

3. Mutineer

Mutineer Deity

Yes, he is correct. Defense bonus - how many move Points were left on last turn.
    Offence bonus - how many left before attacking.

So why most units can only attack one's, some can attack and move after and some can attack 2 times. So, defense bonus is simply how many move points left at the end of last turn. If unit attack for most units it would be 0, but for some some move points will be left.

4. Khtugg

Khtugg Chieftain

I thought that would be the case, but I just wanted to be totally sure before picking perk.
    Thanks both of you! Most appreciated! :goodjob: