Question for Christians...

MobBoss said:
So, given the fact that no one alive can truthfully know what the hell was going on thousands of years ago with any real detail, lets just cut to the truth. Its all speculation and total assumption. Period.

I disagree. Jesus is alive, right now. He was around when the Flood occurred, and when He walked the Earth, He said He believed in it.

Matthew 24:37-39
"As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man."

If science is about observation of facts, why does it discount the reports of someone who observed these things?

Quasar1011 said:
I disagree. Jesus is alive, right now. He was around when the Flood occurred, and when He walked the Earth, He said He believed in it.

Matthew 24:37-39
"As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man."

If science is about observation of facts, why does it discount the reports of someone who observed these things?

Let me clarify. Of course I believe as you do.....I meant was that no one alive like you and me are alive today. Normal, non-perfect humans.:lol:

How dare you read what I type as opposed to what I mean!:lol:

MobBoss said:
I keep his tenets and commandments in my daily life and walk.
Feel free to do it here, then too!
Like I said elsewhere, no one minds when a person who claims to be Christian follows Christ's teachings.

\Bottom line, I also recognize and understand who it is that tries to tell/convince me, and other christians, that they simply are not good enough, too flawed, beyond redemption, beyond salvation. When someone says I am not a christian, they merely mouth the same kind of attack all christians face routinely from the enemy. No more, no less.

:lol: I'm not saying you're beyond salvation and redemption! That would be stupid for me to say.

When you say "X (Tookie, LRA, etc.) is not Christian" are YOU saying they're beyond redemption? No! You merely mean "despite their protestations, they do not act in a sufficiently Christ-like manner for me to consider them Christian. Of course, God is the final judge".

Use your empathy neurons! All primates have them! Unless you're implying that I speak for the Devil? Isn't that one HELL of a troll/flame?

So, here's a question for Christians. If an atheist says that he doesn't consider you to be Christian: do you assume he means that he thinks you're going to Hell? Do you think it's the Devil trying to make you doubt your faith? Or do you think that your behaviour is such that you seem unChristian?

Quasar1011 said:

You mean Jesus, or the guy who wrote Matthew?
You're saying we should accept the report of Jesus, who was there at the Flood, as proof that the Flood happened? Really?
The guy who wrote Matthew is probably dead. Jesus is welcome to type a wiki entry into the Flood story, or (if He's shy about the abominable internet) He could give me his story and I'll type it!

Top Bottom