Question..

Tharak

Chieftain
New here, so not sure how this works (unfortunately for me, I think I have an idea).

Decided to play a quick game tonight..still working on improving my Monarch level skills (only started playing on this level with GOtM Korea..), so I tried a tiny land mass/random opponents/random land mass/randon age/random barbarians as the Celts.

Turns out I got a bit lucky..large continents, with all 3 opponents on my island. I beat em all by 430 BC..when I was shocked to see my score - over 10k! Never done that before..I noted that it qualifies as a HOF entry (not first obviously, but on the list is good :) . Only problem is, never saved the 4000BC file...anyone know if its still eligable? I figure it isn't (the submission requirements are there for a reason I suppose :) ) but I thought I'd ask..

That 4000bc should be in your autosaves, unless you've started a new game since, but. . .

I don't think Tiny maps are eligible for HOF entry anyway, Small is the smallest allowed IIRC.

Welcome to CFC, Tharak.

Tacit is part right, part wrong. He is correct that if you haven't started a new game your 4000bc autosav should be in the autosav folder if you haven't started a new game. If not, what is your earliest save? Whether or not to accept a game without a 4000bc sav is up to Aeson, but he has made exemptions before. If that's the case, you'll just have to wait for him to post a response here.

What Tacit is incorrect on is that Tiny maps are indeed accepted into the HOF. As a matter of fact, there's almost a dozen already on the HOF list.

Any which way, congratulations on your score!

Originally posted by Tacit_Exit
Oops :o

Sorry if my post sounded like a slap, I tried to be diplomatic. It's more accurate to say that your information was out of date, because under JFL Dragon, tiny maps were notaccepted. When Aeson took over a few months ago he changed it to include tiny maps, also known as fastest finishes.

While games like this can result in high scores, it's unlikely (downright impossible) for the highest of these scores to top off the better milked games on huge maps. Because of that, they're no longer the broken scenario I here they once were.

I just remembered, Aeson has stipulated that tiny map/fastest finish games require the maximum number of AI civs possible for the map size, so if you had less, it wouldn't count anyway.

If you are trying to get into the HOF for a high score with a tiny map, you are not required to have the maximum number of civs, IIRC. During my short tenure in the HOF, my tiny map chieftain game was played with only two rivals, which is not the maximum for that level.

If you are planning to get into a fastest finish category, check with Aeson.

Thanks all. Unfrtunately, I don't have the autosave, because I tured the option off...I got tired of having to go back and delete a ton of saves (as I was playing long before Ifound this site, I didn't need the saves for anything). I also was only playing for my own education, and thus didn't have any saves...just played it straight through in about 2 hours.. I submitted it anyway, so we'll see...the worst that could happen is they say no :)

Top Bottom