Questions About Info on Main Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieM

Creative, Spiritual
On the main screen, bottom right, where the country's scores are listed, there is the power icon (I think--it's an arm, I think) with numbers like 1.3 next to it for different countries. What does this mean?

In the upper left of the screen, the same icon is across from my Science Slider, and it has numbers next to it. What do they mean?

Is there a central place I can go to look up answers to any further questions about what the BUG mod is telling me? Sorry if these are dumb questions.

These are all valid questions. We try to add a lot of good stuff to BUG, but the downside is the documentation drifts out-of-date quickly.

In the scoreboard, the number next to the arm is indeed related to power. It is the ratio of your power rating to the other civ's power rating as seen on the F9 screen. The bigger the number, the better you compare to them. I think I'm going to change it back to be their power vs. yours. It doesn't make sense to me that you want to see small scores for your opponents but big power ratios.

The arm with the two numbers (x/y) in the top left of the screen is the "XP Counter" -- the number of experience points you have accumulated towards a Great General. This is taken from the F5 Military Advisor screen. When the first number (x) reaches the second number (y), you get a GG.

I think the current documentation included in the mod itself has these. Ruff_Hi and Cammagno went through the mod creating screenshots and writing docs recently.

I think I'm going to change it back to be their power vs. yours. It doesn't make sense to me that you want to see small scores for your opponents but big power ratios.

Make it optional, please, so anyone can choose :)

I think the current documentation included in the mod itself has these. Ruff_Hi and Cammagno went through the mod creating screenshots and writing docs recently.

Yes, both of them are explained into "BUG configuration.doc". This file explains everything that can be configurated using BUG option screen. So the only things that are not covered are the ones that has not yet a configuration option there (like the anger counter).
I also have to say that 90% of the work done for this file has been done by ruff-hi for RB approval, I have only adapted it to be a BUG doc and updated it for 2.11... it was too good to be a useless thing :)

I know we're getting off topic from the thread a bit, but oh well....

How do you guys feel about making a compiled documentation/help file? I don't want to use Windows Help to make it, but I'm sure there is another open source version we can use to make it. We can base it off what Ruff Hi has did for RB...

I'd recommend using the SF.net wiki. The wiki makes it easy for all of us to modify it easily, especially when adding new features.

Thanks for this Mod, I love it.

Another couple questions on the Scoreboard on main screen. I tried looking in the documentation, but could not find an answer.

One, does the power rating reflect only base troop strength, or does it consider XP/promotions? I have a Charismatic leader (Washington) right now, and I'm thinking about early war.

Two, why can't I see the power rating for some countries? Lack of espionage points, I'm guessing?

One, does the power rating reflect only base troop strength, or does it consider XP/promotions? I have a Charismatic leader (Washington) right now, and I'm thinking about early war.

I'm pretty certain it ignores XP/promotions. See this thread for details about how the power rating is calculated. I don't think there were many changes made in BTS 3.13.

Two, why can't I see the power rating for some countries? Lack of espionage points, I'm guessing?

Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom