Questions about The BUG Mod

SVN is a wonderful system. If you have made your own modifications and download a file with new informations but not yours, it will try to merge them. If it cannot, it will tell you so you can handle the problem.

SVN is a wonderful system. If you have made your own modifications and download a file with new informations but not yours, it will try to merge them. If it cannot, it will tell you so you can handle the problem.

Really? That's awesome! Yeah, I love SVN...

Hmm, UnitInfos is not part of BUG? I don't have Bat installed...maybe I manually moved UnitInfos into the BUG folder awhile ago but forgot... :confused:

That's correct. If you modify a file in BUG and do SVN Update, it will merge in any recent changes with your own. You will get conflicts (a warning and two copies of the file so you can do the merge yourself) if you and BUG modify the same lines of the file and it cannot figure out how to do the merge itself.

You can always inspect what files BUG includes via the SVN online browser. In this case, BUG hasn't modified the CIV4UnitInfos.xml, and I don't see a reason for BUG to do so. I include the UP Python changes because those are widely uncontested, but the SDK/XML ones I leave up to the user to decide (this really only applies to the 3.17 UP so far).

If you modify original Asset files, keep in mind that if a mod includes its own version of the file it will override it entirely--not merge the differences.

Is there any way I can turn off the Blood splatter effect on bat 2.0. I believe its part of VD, but there is an option in VD during install, but bat didn't have any such thing.

sorry for posting this on bug thread, I couldn't find a thread for bat, so posting it here.

Install the lastest VD version, with the install option set to have blood splatter off. Then copy the contents of the VD Mod folder to the BAT Mod, and overwrite the files. You'll need to delete the .FPK for VD, and replace it with the new one that is in VD's Mod folder.

I dont know If Im posting in the right place or not
I installed BAT2.0 and everything seems fine except the are no units
how do I fix this or could you direct me to the appropriate thread
also i am using 64 bit vista if that makes a difference

Install the lastest VD version, with the install option set to have blood splatter off. Then copy the contents of the VD Mod folder to the BAT Mod, and overwrite the files. You'll need to delete the .FPK for VD, and replace it with the new one that is in VD's Mod folder.

I installed varietas delectat 7.0 without blood splatter (and it worked fine). After that I copied assets folder from VD to Bat 2.0, the assets folder had all the .FPK files and overwrote all the bat 2.o files, but the blood splatter effect is still there :(

Just started my first game with BAT and I'm already amazed. Great work you are doing here! :)

However, I have a small question:

I installed the game (BTS) to: D:\Games\Civ4....

When I installed BAT, I chose this directory for install and it would crash on start.

I then uninstalled and installed BAT to the C:\...\My Games\Civ4\... in the personal files folder and now everything works (I hope).

Is this how it should be? Because I also noticed Washington having purple eyelids (I think a missing texture). Can this be caused by uninstalling from the "real game directory" and reinstalling to the "My Games" directory? I had BM installed before, btw.

I also noticed Washington having purple eyelids (I think a missing texture).

This is a known issue with the older version of VD that BAT has; it is expected.

I dont know If Im posting in the right place or not
I installed BAT2.0 and everything seems fine except the are no units
how do I fix this or could you direct me to the appropriate thread
also i am using 64 bit vista if that makes a difference

I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of civ gold ed. and bts and all the patches.
then re-applied BAT 2.0 and now there are units in the game,everything else is working perfectly so far.

Thanks EmperorFool.

However, I just read this in the sticky:

The buggy right way:
There is another Mods folder, it has a shortcut labeled _Civ4CustomMods that points to My Documents\My Games\Civ4\MODS. The problem with this right now is that if you load a Mod from this folder, start and save the game, it fails to re-load it properly. There is an issue with the loading script that corrupts the path it tries to load the mod from. Developers and Players alike should avoid using this directory until the bug is fixed -- there's no real reason to use it over the core Mods directory under Program Files, that I am aware of.

But for me, it only worked this way. Will BAT work when installed to the My Documents directory?

Where did you read that? I'd like to look at the context of the comment. As for BAT, it has always been installed to the My Games / BTS / Mods folder and so far so good. :)

Ah, thanks again!

It comes from the sticky on the main C&C page:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=138043

However it is quite old. I was just confused, because it totally contradicts the the procedure for BAT. However your installation readme and FAQ is quite clear on that and I shouldn't get worried by old posts... :blush: My bad!

Tanks again for your patience!

My worker don't automatically stop when danger approach, any fix?

My worker don't automatically stop when danger approach, any fix?

I've seen that happen on occasion, but it's unrelated to BUG. There's a thread on the issue by DanF IIRC explaining why this happens.

I've seen that happen on occasion, but it's unrelated to BUG. There's a thread on the issue by DanF IIRC explaining why this happens.

And it's goshdarn annoying (the Worker Slaughter, not Dan F's thread). :D

sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this: I just installed bug 4.0 and I want it to start when I start the game. How do I set it so?

Top Bottom