1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

questions and picture requests

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Civ4newbie, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Civ4newbie

Civ4newbie Warlord

where can I download V37 for steam c2c? on the main download page the latest seems to be V36 but no download for c2c v37

2. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I don't think we've ever put up anything on Steam for C2C. ModDB site is the place StrategyOnly normally puts up our Official release versions.

http://www.moddb.com/

3. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

v38 will be released in February, maybe you should wait a bit.
    A huge improvement to v37.

4. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

Maybe we should. I discovered steam to be very useful when managing mods. And it would probably increase the reach of C2C.

5. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Can't find Workshop (dedicated place for all sorts of mods) section for Civilization 4 on Steam.
    Dedicated thread in steam game forum would be needed

6. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

C2C will never be on steam workshop.

7. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

One of reasons is workshop doesn't exist for Civilization 4 and its DLCs :p

8. Civ4newbie

Civ4newbie Warlord

Hello again c2c moders , how do you post pictures to here from my call to power games? or how do I upload them to this thread? I would like to post the entire sci fi city graphics set's including space cities and underwater cities plus one sci fi mars style city/cities from civ 3 that could be used for non habitable or non terraformed(no air and/or water)/none earth like planets/moons for the solar system map/s in this mod before he galactic era/. Here is the civ 3 sci fi mars city sets https://forums.civfanatics.com/attachments/quincyfuture-city1-jpg.115267/ . Like I said before, I cant mod but I thought this could be a contribution to this c2c mod if you all ever decide or consider to update the sci fi eras city graphics before the galactic era then you all could use these sci fi city graphics sets as a framework or idea for building/making these/new sci fi city sets to fit to civ4 graphics. These sci fi cities sets represent beyond modern citie'ish size, looks and more so like gigantic mega cities based mainly on what is known as arcologies where instead of building the cities across the land, the cities stop building across the land once they reach a certain point, then are built up words to 100s or thousands of feet above the ground. these arcology mega cities are also underwater and in space as well. I am familiar with your arcology technology in the c2c game but it seems to be only a building in a city rather then being a city itself.

9. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Pack any assets you think we could use in a 7z file or two, or three. I think 10MB is the largest allowed 7z file upload.

10. Civ4newbie

Civ4newbie Warlord

Hi again, I'm not even sure how to do that, I do have winrare which is a program like 7z but I am entirely clueless on how to post pictures to here weather its 7z or winrare. is 7z a free program to download? Could you or someone post step by step instructions on how to do this possibly with pictures included please? I would prefer the easiest way possible to do this, I'm thinking I could go in the game and scroll up/in as close as possible to the cities and then take screenshots/snap shots with my labtop from pressing a few keys or special keys, then upload the pics to here somehow. My old desktop pc was able to take screenshot/snapshots by pressing certain keys so perhaps my labtop has this ability to as well.

11. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Screenshots won't help us much in getting such city graphic into C2C, it would be more like an artistic example for the artist who needs to make the textures for in-game graphics.
    A city in a strategy game consist of many 3D objects.
    Those 3D objects are covered by a texture in a very technical way to get all the colors placed where they should be upon the surface of the 3D objects.
    Here is how Civ4 city textures look like:
    Untitled-1.jpg
    Long story short: A screenshot won't help us create textures for models we don't even have atm.

12. Civ4newbie

Civ4newbie Warlord

ok just tell me how to do this step by step with pictures or what you are asking about the 7zip assets thing

13. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

If it is simply pictures you want to upload, then it won't be nessesarry to pack them in a rar / 7z / zip file (I initially thought you meant textures and 3D models).
    You just have to click the "Upload a File" button that is between the "Post Reply" and "More Options". Those buttons are on the right side right below the place you write your post here at the forum.

A small window will pop up. Inside it there's a button with the words "Choose file". Click it.
    A new window will pop up, this is where you browse your computer to find the picture you want to upload.
    Find the file, click on it once and choose the "Open" button that is in the bottom right corner of the window.

Picture is uploaded and will be attached to the post you are making. Write a few words and click post reply.
    Thats it.

14. Civ4newbie

Civ4newbie Warlord

thank you so much however I don't know how to take a picture from my labtop, perhaps its pressing certain keys like the snapshot/screenshot I was talking about, how do I take a pic?. I do have a phone/smart phone galaxy Samsung 7 and could take a picture that way, then upload it to my labtop however I'm thinking if I take the pic with the phone on the screen then the city pics wont be clear, foggy or whatever or not that visible to see so I think taking the pic I was talking about would be better. my labtop does have a built in camera but I don't know if it could take pics from on/in the labtop screen rather then taking a pic from outside of the labtop

15. Septimius

Septimius Warlord

Here's a couple of user guides on taking screenshots. A good rule of thumb is to google this stuff, there's a lot of answers to questions like this out there. In this case I googled "Take screenshot windows 10".

https://www.howtogeek.com/226280/how-to-take-screenshots-in-windows-10/

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/7-ways-to-take-screenshots-in-windows-10/

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-ways-take-screenshots-windows-8-81-using-built-tools

16. Civ4newbie

Civ4newbie Warlord

17. Civ4newbie

Civ4newbie Warlord

Hi just thought I would let someone know to move this thread or post with these city pics to the appropriate thread erea in the c2c sub forum or leave a link to this thread in another thread where these city sets/graphics pics belong in if possible, I would appreciate it. I don't want this thread to get lost or forgotten about, I think its important for the game and would be a excellent add on/feature or improvement to the sci fi eras city graphics if these city models could be updated/graphically enhanced to fit civ 4/C2C city graphics.

18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I see why you may think this is easily done but the reality is, city graphics in the 3d environment of CivIV is extraordinarily difficult, formed from a city basis defined by era but also from the individual buildings therein. We'll get there but it's not our first priority obviously. The 3d stuff makes it exponentially harder to design and work with than the 2d graphics you're displaying.

19. SteelSterling

SteelSterling Prince

Just the fact that there are so many people working on so many facets of this mod for many years should give you an inkling that implementing any idea, no matter how good, is not some quick press of the button. Just bumping a thread is not going to get your voice heard any louder. If it's something that merits it, the many people involved will take a look. :thumbsup:

20. Civ4newbie

Civ4newbie Warlord

OK thanks all for taking a look and responding. Perhaps it could just be a option or mod mod to add these city grahpics into civ4 C2C in the future eras. I don't care or mind that the future eras buildings and wonders will not be displayed at all in the future era's cities so it does not interfere with city graphics. Mabey have the buildings and wonders stop displaying after the renaissance/industrial era OR have a option to turn off the city buildings and wonders after the rennasance or industrial era.