Questions & Answers

Barak...i think i had the same problem...

Stupid stupid stupid

Back again, but i still do not like that Blue star(s) flag for America, here is an alternative: its for soldiers serving in the military. See attached:

The Blue star flag is known as the Bonnie Blue Confederacy Flag: :confused: http://www.anyflag.com/history/bonnie.htm , and just adding more stars is the same as the one star.:confused:

Rhye said:
I know, but the single star has lots of other meanings.
Assigning it just the meaning of America is unappropriate.

<Type>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_AMERICA</Type>
<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_AMERICA</ArtDefineTag>
Besides it does say American Empire, oh well i am trying at least.:p

so what?
That was Firaxis' decision.

Sometimes you Americans believe everything's yours.

A star has a lot of meanings (wtf, look my avatar: it means "World Cup").
On italian football teams shirt for instance, it means "10 Scudetti".
And there are many countries featuring a star in their flag, such as China (in general it can be given a communist meaning).

If you still aren't convinced, look this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalia

13 stars instead mean USA, with no misunderstanding.

Rhye said:
so what?
That was Firaxis' decision.

Sometimes you Americans believe everything's yours.

A star has a lot of meanings (wtf, look my avatar: it means "World Cup").
On italian football teams shirt for instance, it means "10 Scudetti".
And there are many countries featuring a star in their flag, such as China (in general it can be given a communist meaning).

If you still aren't convinced, look this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalia

13 stars instead mean USA, with no misunderstanding.
Making massive statements about a nations of people without considering that the majority of those people are not represented by the elitist government that they are under and just because those that have money can give the rest of us somewhat of a bad name the USA has as a matter of fact done plenty for other peoples nations including yours so keep your bigotted statements to yourself or we will get the rest of the Civ Fanatics involved in this little pat got it!

H.GrenadeFrenzy said:
Making massive statements about a nations of people without considering that the majority of those people are not represented by the elitist government that they are under and just because those that have money can give the rest of us somewhat of a bad name the USA has as a matter of fact done plenty for other peoples nations including yours so keep your bigotted statements to yourself or we will get the rest of the Civ Fanatics involved in this little pat got it!

hey, cool down.
Offending a whole nation or all its population is inappropriate (especially here) and was not my intention. But I had known experiences from people I know about that kind of attitude (I wasn't refering to your foreign policy actually). Certainly it isn't the common case, but sometimes it happens.

Dude... this is no place for all that.

1 star... 13 stars... 50 stars? There is a solid case for 13 stars. Let's stay focused on balance before we start bickering about banners.

Enough, or I'll start adding people to the Ignore list. [offtopic]

The 13 Stars flag is used because it is a historical representation of the country's conception. It doesn't have to embody everything about the USA, past or present; it merely needs to make people across the world immediately think, "Oh, that worker belongs to the American CIV. In a game." So can we return to normalcy, please? :rolleyes:

SilverKnight

EDIT: Please, let's get back on topic or take it to a different forum. This stuff gets SO ridiculous after a while. :(

SilverKnight said:
The 13 Stars flag is used because it is a historical representation of the country's conception. It doesn't have to embody everything about the USA, past or present; it merely needs to make people across the world immediately think, "Oh, that worker belongs to the American CIV. In a game." So can we return to normalcy, please? :rolleyes:

I can see you never served in the US Military, DUH!:p Figures with a statement like that. So we end this here and now, no more off topic crap ok. FINISH!

SO back to the game. But was interesting conversation. Have a nice day, and a better tomorrow, hope your dreams and wishes are good, and a better one tomorrow.:confused: Its your mod you do with it what you want, and if "we" ever make "fun" of the Italian flag, no response ok.

strategyonly said:
SO back to the game. But was interesting conversation. Have a nice day, and a better tomorrow, hope your dreams and wishes are good, and a better one tomorrow.:confused: Its your mod you do with it what you want, and if "we" ever make "fun" of the Italian flag, no response ok.

Did I ever make "fun" of the American flag? :confused:

Rhye said:
Did I ever make "fun" of the American flag? :confused:

Everyone goes off-topic, once in awhile, some people responded didn't they.:blush: Even the guy who goes around with "wrong forum" is off-topic when he posts, so everyone will do it sooner or later. But YES to your answer. This is why i left here two years ago. If you want to make it a better game get rid of the American over tone in the game and name them differently, ie: FfH renamed each and every country different, rename it the 13 star country, its a GAME people, but when it has geographic representation, then PLS make it as accurate as possible. Military people who served , know what i am talking about. And no US Capital has ever had a 13 star flag without the good ole red, white and blue. Again (My opinion) so good luck in the "game" and have a nice day! Remember off-topic, because you "asked" a question.

1. I already told you that I stick with the standard 2-coloured flags with alpha channel, and that I'm not using combinations like red, white and blue. I'm not using modern flags

2. Given this choice, the single star is inappropriate as ambiguous, and I even proved you that.

3. All the symbols featured in both Firaxis flags and mine are meant to mean something or to be a symbolic detail of an old flag. This applies to every flag: the fleur-de-lys, the iron cross, the 3 lions, the castillo, the dragon, and to the 13 stars as well. They WERE part of the American flag and you can't say it's not true, regardless of what your lieutenant says.

4. By no means I've offended your flag.

Have a nice day.

Top Bottom