Questions & Answers

Rhye said:
With "filling one's mouth" I mean "riempirsi la bocca" (di parole)

i shall have to remember that one.

hey, i don't know where should i ask but anyway i'll try here

i've given already a try to the mod and looks pretty cool, unfortunately a huge map is too much for my computer

are there any other maps made for this mod?

thx!

This is the right place to ask. :) However, many new additions to the mod--like correct city names, more AI wars--can be used only with Rhye's 124x68 map. This map is actually fairly small, as small as possible with so many new things. But right now, there are no plans to make it smaller. :( I hope you can still play it!

SilverKnight

This is not a question, but I figured I must post this somewhere here... :(

FUDGE!!! It seems that the civ cap hasn't been removed with Warlords!! :( :(, some members are discussing it in the civ4 general discussions forum. It has not been confirmed yet, but if it will be, I would take the opportunity Ladies and Gentlemen, to say:
'SHAME ON YOU FIRAXIS! NOT ONLY HAVE YOU MISSED OUT SOME MAJOR CIVS, BUT YOU MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR US TO INCLUDE THEM'.

Prestidigitator said:
This is not a question, but I figured I must post this somewhere here... :(

FUDGE!!! It seems that the civ cap hasn't been removed with Warlords!! :( :(, some members are discussing it in the civ4 general discussions forum. It has not been confirmed yet, but if it will be, I would take the opportunity Ladies and Gentlemen, to say:
'SHAME ON YOU FIRAXIS! NOT ONLY HAVE YOU MISSED OUT SOME MAJOR CIVS, BUT YOU MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR US TO INCLUDE THEM'.

I don't know why this was taken for granted.

I remember that Rhye asked the devs and they said that they would remove it for Warlords.

I'm pretty surprised. I thought they really planned to fix this.

Can anyone confirm that this is unmoddable? Maybe it's just more complicated?

Rhye said:
as far as I know, it has been removed. I even tested it with 24 or more.
I doubt they put it back :)

does this mean that you will be adding a few civs to the list in your Rhye's and Fall of Civilisation mod/scenario/thing?

cough netherlands cough portugal cough cough.

Nevermind everyone, Dale just posted in the other thread that it is possible by simply changing the variable in the SDK:woohoo: , I couldn't sleep last night after I heard that the cap hasn't been removed :lol:!

Anyway, so if that is the case, I will start modding the XML for Babylon this week ;).

Does this mod have culture specific units like your Civ3 mod did? That was always my favorite part of it and I find myself missing that playing non-modded Civ4 now :lol:

Probably not, as it is much harder to create and include new units than it was in Civ3. If enough are re-skinned, they might be included, but after everything on the to-do list is done and balanced, I would think.

SilverKnight

When tribes "spawn," do they supercede the presence of existing cities? For example, if I were to start as the Greeks and then settle the square where Rome will exist, is it "taken over" by the Romans when they are scheduled to appear on the map?

Here's another question:

I don't like the "Blue Marble" color design. I like the colors the way they are in the unmodified game. Is it easy to change it back to the "default" landscape graphics?

Flamegrape said:
When tribes "spawn," do they supercede the presence of existing cities? For example, if I were to start as the Greeks and then settle the square where Rome will exist, is it "taken over" by the Romans when they are scheduled to appear on the map?

You get a popup to decide if you want to leave the city or fight a war

Not so much a question, but reading this thread... wow... Keep on the subject guys, and settle down.

Anyway Rhye, this i a wonderful, wonderful mod and thanks very much for all the hard work!

Rhye, a question about the replacement of years to ages. It is done through the SDK or trough python/XML? I ask this as I would like to make it as a mod for the normal game, replacing the years with all the eras. Can you give some pointers also? Many Thanks!! :D

Top Bottom