Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes

Click on the little shield circled on the right and select a civ to own it. Then the icon circled on the left will light up. Click on that to place a city. To place units do the same, but use the button to the right of the city one.

How do you determine if a freshly captured city is destroyed instead of giving you a chance of taking it over?

I think it's autorazed if it's size 1, you get a choice for size 2 and above. At least, that's what I recall, it's been a while since I played it...

I got new units but how do i install them?! Do i say #Anime_PRTO_
??? and did i spell Anime right?

It does not matter about the size. What matters in C3C is does it have 10 culture points. If you had owned it before and it is size 1 and it is your nationality you will not autoraze either iirc.

TimBentley said:
You need an embassy for diplomatic agreements. One of Ctrl-E, Ctrl-Shift-E, or Shift-E would be a third option (I just use the E in the corner).

It's Shift-E. It's my method of preference, since you don't have to hunt down the tiny little E button with the mouse and get distracted by scrolling the map in the process. The star by the capitol is almost as easy as Shift-E (just press H to home in on the capitol, then do the fairly easy task of "hunt the star"), but Shift-E still wins.

Which reminds me of a pet peeve of mine -- I'd like to find the programmer who set "start *D*iplomacy" and "really *D*umb shortcut for setting a worker to clear pollution", and kill them! For 80% of a given turn, the selected unit at the time will be a worker, so in the best case nothing happens, and in the worst case, they wander off to go be stupid! It's not so bad now that I use CivAssist, but before then, it was awful. My computer is slow, so diving through F4 is a much worse option than the plain-text list...

Lo5

Is there a way to upgrade units rather than one at a time?

It's Shift-U, but if you have more units (of the type currently active) in cities (with barracks) than what you can afford to upgrade, nothing will happen.

No. Any units that are in cities that don't have barracks won't be upgraded. You don't get notification for it. The only time you get notification is if you try to upgrade all available units and can't afford it.

No. It will only upgrade units in cities with barracks.

Actually, I would far prefer to have a shortcut to upgrade all the units in one city, not my entire civ.

Edit: obvious crosspost.

Turner said:
It would be nice if that worked IBT. It's a pain in the rear trying to do them one by one.

Do you mean that the shift U does not work even if you have enough to do them all?

Well, it's not available in between turns. You have to be out of the advisor or city view for it to work.

Because if you do it IBT, then you can use the upgraded unit that turn. Otherwise upgrading them loses all movement points. Same reason why I'll go to the City View screen and change production over to the new units, so I don't have to wait an extra turn to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom